Menu
IGW62
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Game of war issues

I am still getting routing trouble on game of war, resulting in bad delays during the game. I did get a call from VM saying that it was due to the route through aorta.net that was causing the problem, but if they know that, why is it either not resolved or rerouted. It's been like this now for 2 months, and there has been no change on the routetrace I do. Do paying customers matter as much as they claim?? lol

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Game of war issues

Hello IGW62

I am sorry you are having problems with Game of war. I just thought I would let you know that at the moment we have a problem with intermittent noise in the area and this may cause packet loss and delay, we are aware F004902002 estimated fix 02 DEC 2016. I have updated your account with the details so hopefully you will get SMS updates.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
IGW62
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Nicola,

Thanks for the reply. I'm maybe not as technically minded as most on here, but when I sent a copy of the route that was between me and the game servers, it was pointed out to me the problem was between virginmediabusiness.co.uk and aorta.net. That was where the time took in milli-seconds increased. But if you think it is a problem in my area, I can wait until 2nd Dec to see if it gets fixed!!

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Phonix
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'd be interested to know which area this issue is in as I suffer terrible latency issues as well. I've been blaming it on the game but others don't seem to have a problem like I do. I've come close to quitting the game which I don't want want to do as I have spent a lot of money playing and building my account so unless this problem is resolved I see no other option other than switching providers.

0 Kudos
IGW62
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hiya,

I am in Redditch, just south of Birmingham. On traceroute, it shows that my route goes via Manchester, then to The Netherlands and then across to the USA to the game's servers. I have looked at VM peering, and it appears that Manchester is much slower than London connections so don't know whether to see if I can get my signal switched to somewhere more south than Birmingham or Wolverhampton in the hope that it might take the London route, just to see if that changes anything. It was fine until about 10 weeks ago, but no-one at VM seems to want to admit what changed.

0 Kudos
Phonix
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The problem definitely got worse mid October, I blamed an update just before the SW and have spammed MZ about it from 2 accounts but very little response other than the generic replies they give of turn your device off etc. Last night was tipping point when rally notifications didn't even show and the map was supposedly empty, yet when I did another restart there were players everywhere. I'm really frustrated by this as I have spent a good deal of money as many have yet find the gaming experience awful recently. I'm seriously looking at other ISP's now and will attempt to convince the wife we need to change when she comes in, might not be easy as she's not keen on me playing the game, but I've had enough of these problems which other alliance members don't seem to get

0 Kudos
Phonix
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm in Staffordshire btw, maybe we are getting the same routing problem but I'm not tech enough to check.

0 Kudos
IGW62
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Same here, as far as technical stuff goes. Have connected to other peoples ISP and it works fine, so it obviously is a VM wifi issue. Not sure where in England it is working ok. 

0 Kudos
Phonix
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes that might help to source the problem 

0 Kudos
Phonix
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have an alliance member who uses VM and reports her connection is fine, she is in Newcastle upon Tyne so it would appear it is something that affects in the middle of the country at least,  be nice to know if the problem affects people in the south as maybe that would help to source the problem more.

0 Kudos