Menu
Airlines195
Tuning in
Message 1 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Game of War

I play a game on my tablet and phone. Suddenly the game won't load up. It worked really well before. I've played the game for ages and now it just isn't loading it up. It works if i use my 4g but i don't have a lot of 4g. I would like to use my wifi at home. Can anyone help please?
0 Kudos
Nuumah
Tuning in
Message 2 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Re: Game of War

Same for mobile strike, same company epic war makes both games, using the wi-fi the game is completely unplayable huge amount of lag.

0 Kudos
Airlines195
Tuning in
Message 3 of 50
Flag for a moderator

It used to work on the wifi totally fine. Is it worth me contacting virgin media for more powerful wifi to get it working? Thankyou
0 Kudos
Pwhite
Settling in
Message 4 of 50
Flag for a moderator

I have the top wifi they offer and i am having this exact problem as well started about 2 days ago, and was running smooth before that.
Can only play it on my mobile data atm.
0 Kudos
markturner
Tuning in
Message 5 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Same problem.
Spent an hour on the phone with virgin Saturday who refused to accept any gaming speeds are different to normal internet. Complete waste of time.
Virgin have definitely done something as for the past year + it's been fine. Now it's so slow I have to use data.
😡😡. Does anyone from virgin even read these or care ?

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 50
Flag for a moderator

markturner wrote:
Same problem.
Spent an hour on the phone with virgin Saturday who refused to accept any gaming speeds are different to normal internet. Complete waste of time.
Virgin have definitely done something as for the past year + it's been fine. Now it's so slow I have to use data.
😡😡. Does anyone from virgin even read these or care ?

The wifi on your SH uses the exact same connection as everything else in your home, its not a different connection nor does it have any specific applications that do or don't work, if you can't get it via wifi you would also have the same issue via a wired connection, and assuming its the same "Game of War - Fire Age" thats in the android store, it works fine via my connection so its likely to be some sort of routing issue with your connection which should, in time, sort itself out

0 Kudos
markturner
Tuning in
Message 7 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Well I can't wire it to my phone can I
Every other wifi is fine
My home virgin wifi is not ( but was perfect until about 3 weeks ago)
Data works fine
Normal browsing is fine
Which suggests something between virgin and game of war had changed?

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 50
Flag for a moderator

markturner wrote:
Well I can't wire it to my phone can I
Every other wifi is fine
My home virgin wifi is not ( but was perfect until about 3 weeks ago)
Data works fine
Normal browsing is fine
Which suggests something between virgin and game of war had changed?

Not really, it just suggests something changed with regards to routing, as i've said i can connect just fine from my phone to this game via my VM connection, i never said you should wire your phone i just pointed out that its the exact same connection so changing the router won't change this issue

0 Kudos
authentic8
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 50
Flag for a moderator

I have experienced connection issues with Game of War for nearly a month on my tablet. It takes approx. 5 minutes to get any response from the servers so I will click a button and about 5 minutes later the action is performed. This is consistent now and never happened before a few weeks ago.

No other app has connection issues. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app, cleared the app cache and data, but none of these things have worked.

If I go to a friend's house and connect using TalkTalk I have no problem at all.

FYI, the game server address is gameapi-317-goog-ody.mobboss-online.com.

(P.S. Airlines195, you should remove the "helpful answer" status from other posts unless they actually answer the question because it will discourage any VM staff or other experts from looking at the post if they think the question has been answered.)

Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 50
Flag for a moderator

GOW forums tell you how to get a tracert to the server your playing on.

If any of you can post that we can diagnose further