Menu
Moody
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Game Streaming

Hi, I recently upgraded my virgin package to vivid gamer 200 as I wanted to stream games on my You tube Channel and didn't realise my upload speed was being throttles at peak times on normal vivid 200!

All was fine for a few weeks but now when I stream in the evening(peak times) My stream stays up but it is a bit laggy and stutters alot. I expect a little of this but it was across the whole stream! I did A stream test during the day and it was very smooth and the problems only seem to occur in the evening.

Any Ideas? I surley should be able to stream at 1080p with little or no problems as this is what the Vivid Gamer package is for lol!

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Game Streaming

Moody wrote:

Hi, I recently upgraded my virgin package to vivid gamer 200 as I wanted to stream games on my You tube Channel and didn't realise my upload speed was being throttles at peak times on normal vivid 200!

All was fine for a few weeks but now when I stream in the evening(peak times) My stream stays up but it is a bit laggy and stutters alot. I expect a little of this but it was across the whole stream! I did A stream test during the day and it was very smooth and the problems only seem to occur in the evening.

Any Ideas? I surley should be able to stream at 1080p with little or no problems as this is what the Vivid Gamer package is for lol!

Well here's the thing, what you're paying for is the ability to avoid the traffic management on the upstream, this however will NOT bypass any utilisation issues in your area, if this is only happening during peak hours this seems like the root cause as there will be more people in your area online at the same time, that being said, you really shouldn't need the entire of your 20mbit connection to stream at a decent quality anyway so dropping your settings here might enable someone to advise any places where you can drop a little quality/bitrate to better fit any issues

0 Kudos