Menu
tairtairuk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Game Of War Problems on Virgin Broadband

Since Sunday 27th December around 7pm I haven't been able to play this game on any device whilst connected to virgin wifi. Something must have happened with Virgin's servers as when I switch to 3G or use the wifi somewhere else it works fine. My broadband connection seems to be fine as I can surf the net, Facebook everything else but I can't play game of war. I can log in to the game but it's so slow I can't do anything. Can someone from Virgin shed some light on this as I have been playing for 12 months now without any problems at all. 

apacketofsweets
Rising star
Message 2 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: Game Of War Problems on Virgin Broadband

If you temporarily change your DNS settings to another DNS provider, say Google (DNS IP: 8.8.8.8) - does it fix the issue?

Guide to changing DNS settings to Windows - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-tcp-ip-settings#1TC=windows-7 (Changing IP to Google 8.8.8.8 will work if you have no objection with using a Google service)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I work for Virgin Media, all posts here are my own views, written in my own time. My advice should not be taken as gospel, I could be wrong. Please don't PM me if you require an official VM reponse.
0 Kudos
tairtairuk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info...I changed the dns on iPad. It worked briefly and then froze up. so none the wiser really...is it possible that's there's an issue with my super hub?

0 Kudos
Fiction100
Tuning in
Message 4 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I am having the exact same problem and have tried the same remedies to no avail. I know its the wifi and have tried resetting etc. 

0 Kudos
tairtairuk
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Yes it's incredibly frustrating...never had problems before...if it's not sorted I will have to change my service provider...it has to be the broadband..I have done all manner of things..reset the router..logged in changed the channel...nothing has changed. I have invested money into the game and now I can only play with 3G which is costing me money...I just can't understand it but at least I'm not the only one with the problem. 

0 Kudos
gk2
Joining in
Message 6 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Guys what is yours Publick IP Address?

I have exactly the same problem and i think someone block Public IP Address for this APP and we are on the same public IP

[MOD EDIT: Whilst we believe that gk2 is only trying to help you out, we would advise against posting your public IP address on these forums. This is a public board, and by providing your public IP address you are giving out personal information which could be used by anyone just viewing this site.   Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Fiction100
Tuning in
Message 7 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I have no idea. Where can I find this information?

0 Kudos
aussiebird73
Tuning in
Message 8 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Thank God it is not just me then. Thought I was going mad.  4 phones and can't access the game via wifi - have been using my 4g and 3g data. 

Even arguing with MZ who are no help of course lol

Virgin have reset the wifi box and said everything is fine... well it's not.  I am able to access other sites like google or facebook etc. but another issue I found is that emails will not send.  

Anyone had any luck yet?

tairtairuk
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Yep I thought I was going mad which is why I posted....I can do everything else i just can't play the game..I emailed MZ aswell but it's not them as I can happily play on 3G and I've tried wifi at my brothers house who had sky broadband.....so it must be virgin...everything was fine until Sunday. I just wish a moderator would respond and try and help us all here....

0 Kudos
aussiebird73
Tuning in
Message 10 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I have been onto Virgin and they say try this and try that.. on Monday was on phone to them for half an hour trying all sorts and in the end they just said they don't know as I can access everything else... and to just "see how it goes".

I am going to try again tonight when I get home - their help line is open till 8pm... so I will be on to them!  I have gone through so much of my mobile data already and still got 27 days left to go on it - so gonna run out early at this rate!

0 Kudos