Menu
muffintastic
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

[GUIDE] Xbox One Port Forwarding

Hello.

This "guide" should help you get "open NAT" on your Xbox One, this is also useful if you have multiple Xbox Ones and want open NAT.

1. Make sure the first Xbox One has a static IP.

2. Go to the port forwarding options of the SuperHub and enter the following:

• Port 88 (UDP & TCP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP & TCP)
  • Port 3075 (UDP & TCP) - Black Ops 3
  • Port 53 (UDP & TCP)
  • Port 80 (UDP & TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP & TCP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP & TCP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP & TCP)
  • Port 1863 UDP & TCP)

Just do the following, I recommend setting them all to UDP and TCP for convenience.

Next, if you want your second Xbox One to have open NAT, don't use DMZ just use port triggering option, so you can then connect 3, 4, 5 etc and still have open NATs.

If you've done the following correct and still have a STRICT NAT do the following game pad combination or instructions:

Go to your Xbox One, and connect to your network. DO NOT enter static network information. Set it to Automatic instead of Manual. This ensures your router is doing all the work it is supposed to be doing. Now, select Test Multiplayer Connection. When your connection results are presented, before pushing A for Continue, press and hold LB + LT + RB + RT on your controller, and this will take you to the super secret Detailed Network Statistics screen with a Detailed NAT status. The Detailed NAT status will initially have “….” Wait 60-90 seconds, and it will update with one of NAT types mentioned above. The goal is to be behind a cone NAT, which should give an OPEN NAT type.

0 Kudos
Misguidedwolf
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: [GUIDE] Xbox One Port Forwarding

Nice cut and paste, however this doesn't work with the superhub 3.
This wasn't always the case, in fact when I first got one, I didn't need to apply any of these port forwarding rules, I had an open NAT and it was behind a cone NAT.
Sound a week ago I'm assuming virgin sent out an update which broke the tranquility of my NAT type.
So I dug out my print off from portforward.com and sat down to work my way through the list that I thought I'd never need again.

Though there is now a problem where there wasn't once one for the following ports 53, 80, 88 + 500.

What follows are the replies from the hub when those ports are attempted to be forwarded.

53 - The configured port range cannot contain one of the following reserved ports

80 - The local ports between 80 and 80 on IP 192.168.0.2 have been added as virtual server already, please try another one.

88- The local ports between 88 and 88 on IP 192.168.0.2 have been added as virtual server already, please try another one.

500 - The local ports between 500 and 500 on IP 192.168.0.2 have been added as virtual server already, please try another one.

And lastly, despite entering all the other port forwarding rules without issue which include port 3074 (the main one the Xbox uses to communicate), I'm still stuck with a moderate NAT, the network is behind a port-restricted NAT.
So if anyone knows of a work round for the superhub 3 running this Software version : 9.1.116V I'd be grateful for any clarification.
0 Kudos
muffintastic
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

"Nice cut and paste" ? You serious bruh, only the last part highlighted in bold-italic.

Mainly aimed at SH1 and 2. SH3 is terrible full stop, either stop using it or use your own router. Thanks! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Misguidedwolf
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bruh 🏄 surprised you had time to type a reply in between waxing your stick🤡
I've seen the exact same rules on reddit and nearly every single Xbox website. So maybe you bothered to type out every single port forward rule, a simple Google search gets pages of the same so you'd have to be tapped if you didn't cut and paste.
And as for the superhub 3, it's had an update and is continually behind a cone NAT and is regularly putting out 200mbps, so for free it's working fine but if you enjoy spending £150+ for a router don't let me stop you.
0 Kudos
muffintastic
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Oh yes, ISP routers are far superior than non ISP routers..

It's called future proofing and someone with common sense wouldn't use an ISP provided router.. Which someone like yourself CLEARLY lacks in that department, go ahead and use an inferior router good luck when the next FW update breaks it you goof. Smiley LOL

0 Kudos