Menu
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

GAMING on VM with PC / PS / XBOX

If you want to Game on VM with a PC / PS / XBOX. The best solution will be to put your SuperHUB into Modem mode and buy you own router.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: GAMING on VM with PC / PS / XBOX

VM SuperHub2 connected to ASUS RT-N66U router + a CISCO SG100D-08 8 Port Switch.

I get NO LAG on Wired or Wireless on UK / European Severs.

VMSetup.JPG

--
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
0 Kudos

All Replies
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM SuperHub2 connected to ASUS RT-N66U router + a CISCO SG100D-08 8 Port Switch.

I get NO LAG on Wired or Wireless on UK / European Severs.

VMSetup.JPG

--
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Funny that with this setup :-

I get NO LAG

I get NO NAT problems

I don't have to open Ports for different games, ALL GAMES Work.

***The SH / SH2 / SH2AC / SH3 does not have the computing power to cope with gaming***

--
0 Kudos
elliotmartin
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you tested with an Xbox one, specifically download speed? I'm tempted to buy one if it'll improve my download speeds from virgin. I'm currently on 200mb package but only getting 65-75mb download when installing games.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm currently on 200mb package but only getting 65-75mb download when installing games.

If your downloading by the Xbox one a number of things can stop you going faster like the Xbox one has 100Mb port? or if by wireless that could stop you going faster along with where your downloading from and number of TCP connections.

0 Kudos
elliotmartin
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm downloading via a wired connection which is directly plugged into the modem, when I download direct from Modem on a laptop I get 210MB download, same with other PC's. There is 100mb port on Xbox one S? Is it limited to 100mb only? 

While using Wireless, I do of course get reduced speed and less stable. I'll stick to Wired but looking boosting speed if possible. 

Also, could speed be improved with a Cat6 cable rather then a Cat5e/Cat5? Again, when it comes through to my PC it's getting 200mb+ no problem, just a little confused why it can't be replicated via a wired connection into the Xbox one S.

0 Kudos