Menu
topgunn123
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Fuming... When will the PSN problem be fixed???

what an absolute joke this is, my son has not been able to play his games with friends for the last 10 days, how in 2015 can a big supposedly consumer focused company like virgin not be able to fix this problem they have caused, after first denying it was their fault when i rang them, they now can not give me any indication as to when it will be sorted and after reading other threads about the problem on here its pretty obvious they have very little idea whats wrong. 

can we have some more information about what is happening to fix this issue????

RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fuming... When will the PSN problem be fixed???

PSN / PS3 / PS4 is working AOK.

SH (superhub) in Router mode, PSN does not work since firmware update, this forum is full of PSN issues.

SH in Modem Mode, PSN WORKS.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
topgunn123
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

cheers pal, im well aware that it will work in modem mode but thats not what i pay my virgin media subscription fee for, plus i wouldn't be very popular in my house if i deprived everybody else of their wifi access.

so once again could some body provide some information on when the problem will be fixed  or that they are even making any progress so i can use the service i pay for.  

0 Kudos
tiltonarmy40
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok so why can I sign in at my moms house with same set up super hub 2 

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Maybe she has a SH2AC.

Launch a Browser and type in http://192.168.100.1

Post what it says on both SH.

--
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

topgunn123 wrote:

cheers pal, im well aware that it will work in modem mode but thats not what i pay my virgin media subscription fee for, plus i wouldn't be very popular in my house if i deprived everybody else of their wifi access.

so once again could some body provide some information on when the problem will be fixed  or that they are even making any progress so i can use the service i pay for.  

Thanks for the Thanks.

Your the one with no PSN. My PSN is working GREAT. VM are working on a firmware issue in the SH.

A work around is to go Modem Mode, plus your own router. In the long run this will be a better option for Gaming.

VM have given no ETA of a fix.

So try to be a bit PROACTIVE, and stop being REACTIVE.

--
0 Kudos
tiltonarmy40
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

mines a superhub 2ac

0 Kudos
tiltonarmy40
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

why is it a select few suffering hasall super hubs been updated via firmare

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media are always quick to cripple and bodge up their service, but super slow to fix anything.

Useless joke of a company.

JanHammered
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Over two weeks without PSN for us. Phoned yestersday as was told it will be fixed on 12th. We don't have a superhub so I'm not sure how we would use modem mode until its fixed?

0 Kudos