Menu
JayDogg
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Frustrating Xbox One disconnections

I'll keep this short and sweet. I'm disconnecting from FIFA 16 online games pretty much every time I play one. I'll get booted from the EA servers but I'm able to instantly reconnect. This is happening almost every time I play a game.

The same is happening on Call of Duty, albeit much less frequently. Once or twice a day I'll get kicked from the CoD servers and my Xbox party, but I'm able to reconnect to the CoD servers and rejoin my party a few seconds after the disconnection. 

Pretty much all of my friends are with VM and never encounter these disconnections as frequently as I do. Any idea what's going on?

Edit: My Xbox One is connected to the router via a CAT6 ethernet cable, so it's not wireless interference causing the issue. My PC and iPhone never drop connection, it's only the Xbox with the issue.

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frustrating Xbox One disconnections

See THIS thread, it seems that many users are having a similar issue with the Xbox one and SH2.

It's a lengthy one, so be prepared to read Smiley Wink

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
JayDogg
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I saw this post last night and the consensus I gathered is that the majority of the problems are down to the WiFi connection (when they connect via ethernet they don't encounter many, if any problems). I'm connected via ethernet, however I'm still disconnecting. Not really sure what to do at this point.

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

From what I read, the only time they don't have the issue via wired connection is when the SH is in modem mode, with another router attached..

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
JayDogg
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still getting disconnected. Becoming a real nuisance now.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JayDogg,

Sorry to hear about the Xbox disconnections and FIFA, annoying.

I've run a few checks on your service from this to see if there are any issues network issues that might explain this and on the whole all looks in pretty good shape.

From a diagnostic point of view it may be an idea to try the Superhub in modem mode to see if this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos