Menu
Smxsh
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Frequent packet loss making games unplayable.

Im on the 150mb package, wired connection and when i play i get screen lag. I instantly check my detailed network statistics on my xbox one which tells me im recieving packet loss, which ranges from 1-98%. I have tried disabling firewall and other community suggestions but they dont seem to work. I never had these problems when i was on 10mb talk talk connection. Can somebody help me!!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frequent packet loss making games unplayable.

Hi Smxsh,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting a poor gaming connection.

Thank you for using wired, we can at least discount this being a wireless issue which is the most common cause of issues like yours.

I've tried to check your connection to see what could be causing this but I've been unable to locate your account. I've just sent you a private message requesting some information so I can find your account and investigate this for you.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smxsh,

Thanks for responding with the information. I've now checked your connection and can see that your downstream power levels are too low and we'll need to get a technician out to adjust this.

I've just sent you another private message to arrange the best time for this. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
geforce007
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i am getting same.

i have been gaming for over 15 years and never had as much trouble in all my time in this last year from you.

i build pc's gaming pc's i play game's and this last year its been terrible service.

i have gone to 100mg and still bad.

you updated my internet broadband last thursday and ever since its been even worse i dont no what part of the line you updated but you MADE IT WORSE even worse then before and that was bad.

you send an engineer out to try tell me it was my router and the line in my house.. i found this funny as when i tryed to tell him what you did he didnt even want to no HE WAS TO BUSY GOING TO OTHER JOBS TO LISTEN TO ME.

my internet connection going off all the time and no i am not on wireless i am a gamer on hard wire it is not my pc also it is the line that YOU UPDATED last thursday.

so now i have to pay for a service i dont get.

and wait for a senior engineer i was told on the phone over and over after speaking to you guys about 5 times on 5 different days that there is a realy big problem with my connection. ye i already no this so why do i have to wait again and pay for service i am not getting ? and is it going to be fixed ?
0 Kudos
geforce007
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

this is what they told me i have had this problem for at least 1 year.
0 Kudos