Menu
laura634
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Frequent disconnects and lag

Hi

Like many other customers, I am currently experiencing disconnects and lags while playing World of Warcraft.  I have been disconnected about half a dozen times within a couple of hours this evening while playing which is just not acceptable.

This issue has only started over the last few weeks and seems to be getting worse.

The problem does not only happen while gaming, I'm also having to restart my router a couple of times a week because one or more of my computers suddenly can't connect to the internet any more.  I have been using the service checker which tells me "it looks like you haven't restarted your equipment for a while" (which is not correct, last time I saw this was only 5 days from the time before which isn't 'a while' in my books).  This does usually resolve the issue temporarily but I'm having to do this at least once a week.

Therefore this is clearly not a problem with World of Warcraft but a Virgin Media problem.  Whatever change you made a few weeks ago, please revert it!  It has made online gaming near impossible.

If you need any more information to diagnose the issue I am more than happy to help.

Thanks

Laura

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frequent disconnects and lag

Hello Laura

Welcome to the forum, so sorry to hear of your problems with WOW, we will do our best to help...

Your area is looking very good, low traffic and error free however I do notice that the power levels received at your hub are too high

VM SUPER HUB 2 Downstream 1 11.6 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB 2 Downstream 2 11 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB 2 Downstream 3 11.2 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB 2 Downstream 4 11.3 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB 2 Downstream 5 11.3 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB 2 Downstream 6 11.7 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB 2 Downstream 7 11.8 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB 2 Downstream 8 11.3 dBmV

and would recommend an engineer visit to investigate further. I will send you a forum private message to arrange this (envelope top left of forum screen)

Also at the moment it looks from here like your laptop and all devices are connected by wireless. It can be so prone to local interference and cause issues for gaming, we would recommend a wired connection and see how it goes from there.

Speak soon
Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
markp32
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frequent disconnects and lag

HI,

Not just WOW, but Final Fantasy XI too.. Constant disconnects.

0 Kudos