Menu
Myopicmonkey
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Frequent Disconnects from Final Fantasy XIV

Hi there,

I can see my problem seems to be a common issue at the moment. As the title suggests I've been getting random disconnects from FFXIV during the day, however it's worse after 4pm. This has been a new problem that started within the last month. I've heard rumours that ISPs are throttling FFXIV as though it were a P2P program and choking the connection out.    I'd appreciate someone at Virgin looking into this.

I've including a trace route to the game server I connect to.

Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frequent Disconnects from Final Fantasy XIV

Hi Myopicmonkey

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing when playing Final Fantasy XIV.

I've run a few checks on your connection and everything is looking healthy. We are seeing that a lot of people are experiencing similar issues with other ISP's. The problem seems to begin at hop 12, this appears to be the FFXIV data centre in Canada. Why it is routing over there we aren't sure.

Have you spoken to Square Enix regarding this?

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Allan25
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frequent Disconnects from Final Fantasy XIV

Dear Forum team person, the European Servers are in Canada as they are using Eidos servers as Square Enix owns Eidos, they are due in coming months to be switched to France.

I am getting same issue as this good man, just cuts out for no reason, not good in a tough fight as it ruins it not for you but friends playing with.  This issue only came about a few weeks ago and having spoke to SE support, in short, I can reassure you they say only select people have the issue with certain ISP.  If I was given wrong info then, the fool I am.

Thank you
0 Kudos