Menu
Forum Team
Message 11 of 30 (157 Views)

Re: Final Fantasy XIV random 90002 Error

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for doing that. The traceroute completes and doesn't show any exceptional ping times whilst the ping test shows no packet loss.

Just a thought but I wonder if this is a game issue? Have you contacted your game host for help? You can search for your issue on here or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. 

Let us know how you get on.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 30 (154 Views)

Hi Jen,

I know that the ping isn't too bad.. however this appears to be isolated to my household as the people I am playing with are not having the same issue. However they do not have virgin.

I'm still confused as to how the lack of response from the virgin media hops in the trace route aren't related?

Can you please advise? As my colleagues do not have the same timeouts and I can see that other people in the virgin media forums are reporting the same timeouts?

Regards

Ricky
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 13 of 30 (152 Views)

Hi Ricky,

The request timed out messages are most commonly due to the intermediate router rejecting icmp pings. 

If the corresponding ping test showed packet loss or evidence of very high ping times then we'd use the traceroute data to pinpoint where on the network this may be occurring.

In this instance though there's no indication that any packets are lost or that the ping times are too high.

The thread you referenced in your earlier post dates back to 2015. 

Have you come across any more recent examples of this type of issue with this game? If so would you please link them on here so I can take a look. 

I should stress that I'm not saying there is no issue our side.

I have to look at all the evidence relating to the problem. But, whilst I'm doing that, it does make sense to me that you check things over with your game provider. That way we're covering all options.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 14 of 30 (130 Views)

Hi Jen,

I've made a forum account purely to post here.

I and many other players have contacted our game provider countless times, and every time have been informed it isn't on their side, it's on Virgin's (because this problem doesn't happen to anyone but Virgin customers, and they have tried many updates and hotfixes to try and resolve this on their end. There is not much more they can do).

I have seen many more forums and posts on many other sides complaining about this matter SINCE 2015. The hub version doesn't seem to matter, anyone on Virgin gets these constant time-out disconnections after certain updates and upgrades.

I and my partner (who use the same internet at home) get disconnected at the same time a lot and at random times separately. Some friends of ours also on Virgin in towns over have the same issue, yet other friends on other providers (such as TalkTalk and Sky) don't have these disconnecting problems at all.

I know for a fact it's Virgin's problem because some Final Fantasy 14 (and other online gamers) have confronted Virgin directly after looking into their connections and finding out it's because Virgin is stopping traffic and controlling what amount of connection we are getting through. Due to this it causes our gaming to be disconnected. You may claim this can't be be the case, but the moment they either leave for a different provider or get Virgin to stop messing with their internet speed and download the random disconnections stop.
I can very much take the time to find and link up all the evidence of many other's complaining about this and those saying about Virgin stopping the mess about on their end fixing the problem.

Hopefully we won't have to be another customer moving to another provider, as we have been loyal for years, but since last November with these problems, enough it enough.

Sparkles
One p-ssed off customer of many years
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 30 (115 Views)

Hi there,

The fact that this doesn't happen with any other game really does lead me to believe there is an issue with your pathing to their servers. Unfortunately you seem to believe that just because you have solved it for the majority of suberhub 2 users that your job may be done. But this is not the case. 

The issue is still continuing and very aggressively. I have spoken to square enix and they have gone through everything from portforwarding, to tunelling to diabling antivirus, updating manual config files, checking network statistics etc, but it all seems to point to your network.

Please, this needs to be investigated properly and resolved.

Forum Team
Message 16 of 30 (92 Views)

Hi Clawzskunk and Sparkleunidog,

Sorry for not visiting this thread for a while.

Would you please provide:

Traceroutes to a (square-ENIX) game server IP (195.82.50.55).

Make sure you provide comparison traces so from your home connection, a connection via a different ISP, via a mobile network or via a VPN.

I shall also like to know a little about your setup - it makes sense to discount as many variables as we can.

• So how is your connection in general? 
  • Do you connect via Ethernet or wireless?
  • Is Final Fantasy the only online game that you disconnect from?
  • Do you play via pc or Playstation console?

Please provide as much information as you can about your home network and what's happening and I'll look into this further for you.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 30 (84 Views)

Jen,

Are you really asking me to sign up to another isp to get a comparison traceroute?

And if the game worked over a mobile connection succinctly then why would I need your broadband line?

I previously provided the traceroute and this matched other users on multiple forum posts before me.

All of the other information has already been provided but to clarify:

1. Pc game
2. This happens with a few Square Enix games both pc and PS4
3. I am connected via Ethernet
4. My connection suffers from latency over wireless through my phone but through network cable runs fine.

Regards

Ricky
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 18 of 30 (75 Views)

Hi Clawzskunk,

Thanks for getting back in touch and the information provided. 

I think perhaps Jen meant to pop round to a friend or a neighbours to see if the console behaves differently there for a comparison Smiley Happy

We do recommend where possible to game with a wired connection as too many things can affect a wireless connection which may be why you are seeing the lag.

It also seems that you are affected by fault ref F004386261 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 06 DEC 2017. 

Please give this thread a bump closer to the time and we will get an update for you. 

How is the connection outside of peak hours? 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 30 (63 Views)

Emma,

As mentioned in all of my posts I use a PC. Unfortunately I'm not willing to drag my machine (which weighs about 20kg) around to multiple peoples houses, not to mention trying to determine whether they have virgin media or not.

1. I've mentioned previously that I use PC

2. I mentioned previously that I use a wired connection and not wireless

3. Look through my account.. The latency error you refer to as a fault has been updated and changed repeatedly and has actually been outstanding for the last 3 years!!. The "review date" has been moved back and back and back and back repeatedly and I truly believe this will never be resolved as you continue to oversubscribe on lines that cannot take the volume of traffic that there already is. So no, telling me that I need to give you a bump closer to a date 6 months down the line is not a solution and is actually one of the most inflamatory things you could say to me right now. 

This occurs at all times of day and night which would indicate that it is not related to the slow speed issue.

Regards

Richard Cullen

(now a very p*ssed off customer at being told "We can't get ourselves in gear, so deal with the issue for 6 months then we'll review it". 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 20 of 30 (58 Views)

Hi Sparkleunidog, 

Thank you for getting back in touch am sorry to see that you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I will pop you a PM to get some more details and we will try to get some things resolved for you. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos