Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 30 (521 Views)

Final Fantasy XIV random 90002 Error

Random disconnections from the game with 90002 errors (Client side error disconnection) following the Superhub vmdg480 firmware updated roughly a week ago.

Final Fantasy XIV seems to be the only application on the computer that is randomly disconnecting, every other software/apps demanding network connection functions perfectly without lag (eg. Skype, Steam, Discord, Battle.net)

There was a similar issue around a year ago going with this link here: (http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/An-open-letter-to-VM-regarding-Final-Fantasy-XIV/...)

Currently using the superhub vmdg480, currently on the 100mb package.

List of actions I've taken in attempt to fix this issue:
-Resetting router to factory default.
-Turning off Port Scan Detection, IP Flood Detection
-Turning on PPTP Pass-Through, Multicast Pass-Through in the Superhub page.
-Reinstalling Computer's LAN driver.
-Flushing DNS.
*Note Flushing DNS seems to secure a 4-6 hour playtime without any form of disconnections.*

Logs of tracert to FFXIV EN data centre:
Tracert.png

Please assist.
Apperciations in advance.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 2 of 30 (505 Views)

Re: Final Fantasy XIV random 90002 Error

Decided to login and see what was happening because my thread was linked.

I've spoken to a fair few people and it seems to be EXACTLY the same problem as linked in my thread and is only impacted customers who have certain superhubs that have had upgraded firmware.

If anybody chimes in here, I would recommend posting your superhub model and firmware version.

Also, I was deadly **bleep** serious when I said I was gonna leave VM last time and I since have because FFXIV is basically the only game I play and to have 90002 errors constantly was unacceptable. 

If anybody wants a TalkTalk refer, let me know.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 30 (502 Views)

Super Hub Version

Software Version   "V2.01.11"
Hardware Version   1.03
^

Finally getting married in game and suddenly internet starts playing up Smiley Sad
Might drive my desktop to a friend's house and have the eternal bond ceremony at his place.
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 4 of 30 (495 Views)

Aw man, getting a good eternal bond date that's good for everyone is so hard Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 30 (474 Views)

UPDATE BUMP!

Square Enix replied to my support ticket yesterday and provided two possible solutions:
First one was port forwarding on my router, it didn't resolve the issue...
Second one was changing the DNS settings on my actual computer:

- Go to the Control Panel
- Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings
- Rightclick on the connection you are using and select Properties
- Under the Networking tab you will see a long list of available options
- Scroll down and doubleclick on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Select 'Use the following DNS server addresses'

1.)Preferred DNS server > 8 . 8 . 8 . 8
2.)Alternate DNS server > 8 . 8 . 4 . 4 

^Email log

Changing DNS settings seems to reduced the random disconnection rate, it still happens, just nowhere as regularly now, hopefully this last until the Eternal Bonding ceremony ends.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 30 (444 Views)

Day 6, the random disconnection still persists, the solutions suggested by Square Enix did not help.

Since FFXIV players numbers are few, so we are classed as minority, it is unlikely VM will distribute any man-power/resources to tackle this problem.

Given my situation, a university student living in a shared accommedation with additional house mates, it is impossible for me to switch ISP, VM has got me on the hook this time, I cannot escape this disconnecting destiny Smiley Sad The only solution I have is constantly flushing DNS, everytime a disconnection happens, flush DNS, that will secure a 4 hour playtime at least, when the next disconnection occures, flush DNS again.

Good news is that I did make it to my Eternal Bonding Ceremony in time, now married and happily ever after Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 30 (405 Views)

Hello Swaaha

Awfully sorry you have been experiencing disconnections, we hope to put this right soon, more information may be found here Superhub 2ac Firmware

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 30 (318 Views)

Nicola,

If you think this is just a Superhub 2ac firmware issue then you're wrong. I'm running a superhub 3.0 and I'm having exactly the same issue:

Captureffxiv.PNGhub3.0.PNG

I would appreciate some timescale for a resolution?

Regards

Ricky

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 30 (302 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Clawzskunk,

Apologies that you're also experiencing these gaming disconnects. Thankyou for providing that traceroute too.

With reported issues like this we do have to follow a certain logical process to ensure that there's nothing obvious causing this, something that could be easily amended perhaps. So I may need to ask a few questions Smiley Happy

The 'request timed out' information in traceroutes very often indicates an intermediate router that is rejecting the ICMP ping data. Would you please run a ping test, to the same game server IP, and post the output on here?

I'd like to see the average ping times and any lost packets.

For instance my ping test:
Ping statistics for 209.130.141.243:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 31ms, Maximum = 33ms, Average = 32ms

I'd also like to know a little more about how your home network is set up.

• Are you connected to the Hub via Ethernet or wireless?
  • Are any other Internet activities affected (browsing, streaming, downloading etc)?
  • Does this happen at specific or random times of day?

By the way I'm not saying there isn't a problem. We'll need to investigate all aspects of the connection to find out what's causing this. I have tested your connection, which is looking very healthy. And I've searched online but not found any number of persons recently reporting this type of problem. So, for now, I'll deal with this as an individual issue with a view to changing tactics as and when needed.

Looking forward to your reply so I can help Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 30 (278 Views)

Hi Jen,

Please find the details that you've requested again run today at 17:34

Captureffxiv2.PNG

The other answers to your questions are:

1. Connected via Ethernet to the hub.

2. No other activities, but myself and my partner are playing the same game on 2 different PC's both connected the same way, each having issues.

3. It seems to be happening and most times of day, though it is more prevalent at peak times. However, a response of "It's peak times" would not be sufficient. 

It appears that there are indeed a number of users experiencing these issues, but you've currently assigned them to issues with the superhub 2 firmware issues. However, I was commenting that I do not have a superhub 2 and am also experiencing the same issues so this would suggest that it's not the root cause. 

- Ricky

0 Kudos