Menu
MikeBurrows92
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Fifa 17 lag

This game is unplayable. One odd game it will play great and responsive where I can play quick one touch football, but 90% of the time my players are as slow as tanks and move like they weigh 200kg, I've tried using a router with superhub in modem mode, I'm on wired not wireless and I've enabled DMZ and UPNP, I'm at an actual loss what to do???

I also play Gears of War and the ping to the Europe severs is usually 25-30ms?? How do I test my ping to EA servers
0 Kudos
rickomate
Tuning in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fifa 17 lag

Terrible isn't it. I've had it for a long time now. I'm sure virgin must know about it because everyone complaining about it on the forum. I've been told by ea that my isp need to change the route that we connect to ea by. That's what it's down to.
0 Kudos
MikeBurrows92
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So basically it's an issue between the way virgin communicates with EA and virgin won't change it? Looks like I will have to change to BT or Sky. I'm usually a division 2 or 1 player on fifa and on seasons on this i have won 20 drew 8 lost 21, never ever had a record that bad
0 Kudos
MikeBurrows92
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The weird thing is My mates on virgin media too and he never has a problem and even beat me 8-2, 8-2!!!
0 Kudos
rickomate
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes like I said. I did contact ea. I sent them traceroutes and stuff. They told me my isp need to change the route path. I've taking my console to another house with virgin and it was the exact same to be honest
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Theres no such thing as an ISP changing routes. Which shows the level of competence in EA.

They CAN change peering if that's an issue- can you post traceroutes to the servers in question?

On a side note have you done the appropriate port forwarding?

0 Kudos
rickomate
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Well Im only saying what I've been told. If this changing peering thing can fix my problem then I'm all for it. I've done all poet forwarding, dmz. Upnp. Nothing works
0 Kudos
MikeBurrows92
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

i've done everything.

can someone from Virgin please look into my line and do some tests on your end, I am currently setting up a Broadband Quality Monitor.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

MikeBurrows92 wrote:

i've done everything.

can someone from Virgin please look into my line and do some tests on your end, I am currently setting up a Broadband Quality Monitor.

FYI The forum team respond to the oldest post waiting for a reply. This means if you keep posting on the thread or are having a conversation between members then it will bump you to the bottom of their list. Unfortunately current response times are over a week and getting longer due to the Christmas holidays, so if you want a staff response you have to stop posting and wait.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
MikeBurrows92
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I got asked a question I'm entitled to answer it
0 Kudos