Menu
Petronas
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fifa 16 - packet loss, latency and input lag

Just recently the online game performance for Fifa 16 on PS3 has just gotten so ridiculous that the game is barely playable. Super bad response when playing, meaning that your almost guaranteed to lose every time.

Anyone know of issues with the line or with Fifa?

See below for my BQM.

Aaron

My Broadband Ping - Monitor

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fifa 16 - packet loss, latency and input lag

If you was playing when them spikes happened that could causes lag that may be caused by a device doing a quick burst and hitting your upto limit.

Or maybe its router mode but try gaming with just your PS3 by wire if you can for best game play.

0 Kudos
Petronas
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I only play with PS3 connected by Ethernet, and this graph shows activity whilst only gaming. No other devices using internet.

Also I'm using Superhub in modem mode with ASUS RT-AC68U connected, PS3 is connected to ASUS via Ethernet.

It's not the setup, as was working reasonably well until last week.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I know there is a graph in the ASUS RT-AC68U but as to how quick it samples the speed is another question and if you don't have your QoS on or set correctly a burst of traffic for a device may not show as hitting your upto limit or is peaking higher then just gaming there is also how the ASUS RT-AC68U limits ping that may not be documented because you are likely allowing all IP's to ping you? Get enough of them and it can flood your upstream and that may not show on the graph in the ASUS RT-AC68U its not like I can know how every routers works and handles stuff. If you run this speedtest you ideally what to configurer it as best you can to show A
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

If its still a problem you would have to really test by disabling the wireless to insure its none of them and with just the PS3 connected.

0 Kudos