Menu
kanelbullar86
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Fifa 16 connection issues, DNF

Hello

I'd really appreciate some help with my connection. Everything works fine other than this one issue. When playing Fifa 16 on ps3 I play through an entire online Fifa Ultimate Team match just fine but then when it comes to an end and I should be taken back to the FUT menu I have a connection error message and get taken back to the Fifa main menu and I don't get any of the ingame rewards. When I go back into FUT I get a DNF message saying that I quit the match and it therefore counts as a defeat.

I have tried logging into a friend's ps3 at his house and it plays through just fine. I have restored my router at home and I have tried wired (which has generally worked fine over the last few years) and wireless to no avail.

Please help. I have tried to contact EA and I'm just being given the run around.

Thanks

Dom

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fifa 16 connection issues, DNF

It does seem to be quite a widespread problem, don't play myself - but hear alot about it.

My youngest plays it on PC when at our place, been having the same problem, he has been blaming our SH1 as the culprit, yesterday we had a SH2AC put in and I played one game last night, all went OK (lost the game by a far margin through), when he's been around and played a few games, I'll give you a update if still working fine or not.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dom

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the problems that you are experiencing with FIFA 16 Ultimate Team. That doesn't sound good Smiley Sad I'm a big fan of FUT and that type of problem would do my head in if it was happening to me. I've run a few checks on your connection and everything is looking ok. 

I would suggest giving modem mode a try. Let me know if this makes any difference for you?

Looking around it seems like you are not the only person experiencing this problem. Have a look at this link here and see if matches the problems you are having? 

There also appears to be a status page created for this particular issue. It states PC and PS4 being affected so I'm not too sure if the PS3 is also included. It's worth getting in touch with EA to see if they are aware of these problems affecting customers with a PS3 too.

Let me know how you get on,

Ty 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Son was round yesterday evening, 5 games played and all finished fine.

So it looks like it was the SH1 causing problems or it was a coincidence that EA have done something on their side.

Do you have a SH1?

Will update if problem comes back.
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
kanelbullar86
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for your help and the info. I played a couple around the same time yesterday and some were disconnected and some were fine. Might well be the SH1 which is what I have, yeah. Ty has verified that there are no issues with my connection. I'll try the modem mode now.

Very grateful

Dom

0 Kudos
Awais61
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey, I found a solution for this. Sounds stupid but works..
Change the arena GK from Tim Howard to Petr Cech.
I had this issue every game and haven't had it since for 40+ games. Smiley Happy Try it out.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Any update, modem mode work or not?

Loads of games played here with no problems since getting rid of the SH1
0 Kudos