Menu
olrod
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Fifa 15, XBOX ONE, SUPERHUB 2, 152MB ........Latency/LAG issue ?

Hello,

I am not sure if I have posted this in the correct location but here goes.....

I have been a NTL / Virgin Media customer for ages and have been very happy but in the last few years I have been getting latency / lag issues when playing games online. 

I have 152mb Broadband using a Superhub 2

I have a Netgear switch connected to the Superhub 2 and this feeds my PC and an XBOX ONE hard wired with CAT 7 cablles.

I also have another XBOX ONE ( my sons ) upstairs which can be connected wireless or wired.

I also had this problem on my XBOX360 before I got an XBOX ONE.

The problem is when playing games online against another human I get lag / latency issues, sometimes it says I have disconnected when I have not ?

I tried opening the fifa 15 ports but as I use two XBOX ones this made things worse.

My NAT varies from OPEN to STRICT ??? and my packet loss varies from 0% to 100% loss ???? and latency varies from 12ms to 164ms ??? Why does it vary day to day ?

I am led to believe that the connection on Fifa 15 is Peer to Peer so it is not their server giving the issue but the other player and myself ? 

So why am I getting delayed passing and shooting and bad player changing with lag and latency issues on my end if I am using the fastest available connection ? 

I cannot open any ports on my Superhub 2 for Fifa 15 as I am using two XBOX ONES in the house. 

I have UPNP enables and everything else is Default. 

I have tried the firewall on and off seems to make little difference.

Help ? 

I did a network test on my PC which seemed fine downloads 155mb uplads 12mb ping 20ms....

So I did the XBOX ONE test and it said download was around 157mb and again upload was around 12mb but latency was reported to be 164ms ? And my NAT was Strict ???? Sometimes this is open sometimes moderate just depends how the whole setup feels on the day ?? How do i get and keep an OPEN NAT on the Superhub 2 ? 

Or am I being throttled as I normally play when I get in around 7pm to 11pm ? If so why ? I am paying top dollar ? 

Any ideas / clues and solutions would be most welcome.

PS I do not remember any issues when I used the old modem with a LINKSYS router with open password.......

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Fifa 15, XBOX ONE, SUPERHUB 2, 152MB ........Latency/LAG issue ?

Hi olrod,

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with latency & lag.

I've had a good look and I can see some power level adjustments on the line, this is something we will need to get an engineer out to look at.  It may or may not be causing the overall issues with latency & lag, but we need to get it addressed first and see where things are then.

I'll PM you so we can get some info for an engineer booking, get back to me when you get chance and I'll sort that out.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Russell11
Just joined
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have the same connection as you. same speeds but my ping is lower 7ms but I get the same thing that you have been having. virgin was good but not now. I went and got a asus rt-n66u and put the super hub into modem mode.it was a little bit better but I think you should change to sky or bt. I have had 3 super hubs 25 engineers still cannot sort this problem hope this helps. I am going on to bt fiber in april when my contract is up. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi olrod,

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with latency & lag.

I've had a good look and I can see some power level adjustments on the line, this is something we will need to get an engineer out to look at.  It may or may not be causing the overall issues with latency & lag, but we need to get it addressed first and see where things are then.

I'll PM you so we can get some info for an engineer booking, get back to me when you get chance and I'll sort that out.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

olrod
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, I am in most Thursdays .........

would a new Superhub 2n be any better than my Superhub 2 ? I was thinking of getting an Asus Dark Night Router or netgear Nighthawk and using the Superhub 2 in modem mode, do you have any experience with any of these and if so could you point me to the best option? The problem seems to be when using two XBOX ONES on the same Superhub 2 even on UPNP. And when I test the connection via my XBOX ONE it says packet loss can be 0% to a few percent and the latency is 168ms !!!!! I would like the latency a lot lower if possible what do other people get on XBOX ONE with Superhub 2 ? 

An engineer visit would be welcome to check the power levels and check speed issues ta 

Mike

0 Kudos
olrod
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

* sorry meant Superhub AC

0 Kudos
zedenial
Joining in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

When you do a Network test on xbox one the server you test off is a server in LA Hence the 167ms ping. 

0 Kudos
olrod
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

sorry, just to update....

Engineer came and tested line and said power levels are fine. But said superhub2 was faulty and swapped it.

Sadly the problem remains the same, I still get laggy games p2p.....

I am tempted to try another router brand.....

Is throttling a possible answer, I have also read superhub2 upon is broken..... Whatever that means.....

Anyone got a setting I can try or can virgin supply me a router with better upnp....

I am out of ideas and paying 60 plus pounds a month Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
olrod
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Phone changed upnp......
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

If I am reading your posts correctly you have two Xbox Ones LAN side?

How are your dealing with the port forwrading to both?

0 Kudos
olrod
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kevin,

An engineer did indeed visit me and after some quick tests told me that my superhub2 was faulty and he then replaced it.......

This sadly made no difference in fact the replacement superhub 2 is worse than the original in as much as the two wifi channels 2.4 and 5g periodically drop off and the router has to be restarted ! This happens nearly 3-5 times a week and is becoming boring........

I was wondering if an engineer could come replace my superhub 2 with another ( better ? ) hub and if possible run a cable from the wall inlet to a further point ( around 4-5 metres ) so I can move the Superhub to the adjoining room where my PC and Xbox live ?

At present I have a 1 x metre cable from the wall which plugs into the superhub2 this feeds my sky box and a Sonos box locally and then via a 5 meter ethernet cable a Netgear 5 port switch to another room which feeds the PC and XBOX one. 

I wanted to move the router to feed the PC and XBOX one and go back via the same ethernet cable to the switch and feed the SKY, Sonos etc 

I have read that UPNP on the superhub 2 does not function correctly when using 2 x XBOX ones and when playing FIFA via EA servers ???? 

Maybe you have a new Superhub 3 coming ???

Please help as I feel like SKY or BT may be a better solution for me as top speed is no good if ping and latency are being destroyed......

I cannot carry on rebooting to solve my Wifi issues either......

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos