Menu
Lickmelid
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Fed up with lag

Fed up with ringing your overseas call centre who only read off a screen I need to know why i have so much lag on black ops 3 don't know if this has anything to do with it but on black ops it says am in streetly which is 198 miles from were i live all my friends who live around me are all local and have not problems if i get no help then can take this as my months notice and will go elsewhere so sick off been a second behind every one else.

i am on vivid i have my ps4 hardwired and dmz.

SonarUK
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fed up with lag

You can speak to an English person by dialing 150 -> option 4 -> option 5.

Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool on Xbox One: http://bit.ly/1e8bSs3
Network ports used by Xbox Live on Xbox One: http://bit.ly/1dCNLm0
xBox Support: http://bit.ly/1lE2QrK
Xbox One operating system versions and system updates: http://bit.ly/1NiJS1j

www.twitch.tv/familycreations

0 Kudos
Lickmelid
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So i go through disconnect and all that will happen is they offer me a new contract at less money for 12 months but still does not sort my problem been there done that

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lickmelid,

Sorry to hear about the lag issues with Black Ops, annoying. 

I've run a few checks on your service from this end and all looks in pretty good shape, so the latency issues re bit of a mystery, is this only happening in Black Ops or are all/other games affected too?

It would also helpful to know if time of day is a factor, are the lag problems more likely to occur evenings for example?

To rule out the router side of the Hub or if other people connected at the time are causing any issues, it may also be helpful to test with the Hub in modem mode, give this a try a let us know how you get on.

Speak to you soon.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Lickmelid
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Its the same at different times of the day and it doesn't matter how many people r on.

Am away with work for two weeks will try modem mode when i get back cheers

0 Kudos
Paudeleke
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem with the same game but overall my internet has been below par for 2 weeks now

0 Kudos
monkenstien
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BO3 is renownd for it's lag issues as with BO2, AW and any COD game, Activision always seem to want to pass it on to the player, and blame their connection. There are supposed to be dedicated servers but the community seem to think this is highly unlikely to be the case all the time and it once again seems to come down to who we are connected to in the lobby as opposed to us all connecting to a server.

I would like VM to consider an option to alter upload speeds, with the gaming world being a muli billion pound industry now it would be a step in the right direction and they can blow their own trumpet for more custom then. Running a 70mb connection only gives me between 5-6mb upload speed and playing against some in Ireland with speeds 3 times as fast can make a difference greatly as i am sure you would agree what you see when you die never seems to be the case in the kill cam. If there are Europeans, as in French, German and Italians then  partaking in the lobby is a pointless exercise sadly.Activision, which is cornering the gaming industry are likely to do little because the popularity of the game never seems to reduce sufficiently for them to take action it seems and all the rants on twitter are generally met with the same response, they even suggested my upload speeds are a little slower than they would recommend. Having pointed out that i am on one of the fastest internet services in the UK and they should make this recommendation to customers before purchase they backed down and apologised a little.

If VM could offer us speeds of up to 15-20mb upload or more without having to fork out significant amounts of money for big kahuna and so on this would serve us better as gamers. I don't watch TV, anything i wish to watch i can find online, i used to have broadband off them and nothing else but that is just as expensive now as having the medium package i now have with glorified freeview they promote as something else and a phone line i am forced to pay for but don't want and very rarely used in our great brittish internet scam. Mr Branson used to care about very good value for money for his customers but i am inclined to believe that being American owned now money and profit are the primary interest.

Adjustable upload speeds would be the answer which can surely be done via the modem and i believe this can only be done by pressuring VM to consider the changing market and how integral gaming is to the customer as a whole. It may not stop lag on BO3 but it would certainly help in such situations possibly.

0 Kudos