Menu
CSMacDonald
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Fed up with World of Warcraft Disconnects!!

This is becoming an incredibly frustrating problem and as far as I can see it has been the customers on this forum who have done the most to try and diagnosis the problem. It isn't clear to me that Virgin Media are even doing anything to look into the issue. I haven't seen them give any assurances, except from the 'turn it off then on again' type posts, that they are working towards an actual solution. 

I'm aware that Blizzard have contacted Virgin Media about the problem, as I'm sure they are not happy with thousands of their customers being unable to play - which in-turn affects their subscriptions.

Can someone from Virgin actually confirm that you are looking into a fix? If it's going to take months I'd rather know now so I can go with another provider. 

Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fed up with World of Warcraft Disconnects!!

Id suggest going with a different isp if you have chance
I have major latency in cod and say everything is fine but clearly not. they dont even help
0 Kudos
CSMacDonald
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Yup, the fact they aren't even willing to respond to a thread like this tells you everything you need to know. If you are a WoW player don't sign with Virgin Media...

0 Kudos
Contraband
Tuning in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Like you, I was having constant disconnects from Battlenet. Since switching over to a different router and using the superhub in modem mode I've not had a single disconnect.
0 Kudos
misterdee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

not everyone wants to shell out for their own router, which in all honesty we shouldn't have to.

They just need to get a move on and fix the firmware that started these problems.

also on a side note, this is only the case with the SH2. If you have a SH2ac, then you'll have problems using modem mode.

0 Kudos
CSMacDonald
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

misterdee wrote:

not everyone wants to shell out for their own router, which in all honesty we shouldn't have to.

They just need to get a move on and fix the firmware that started these problems.

also on a side note, this is only the case with the SH2. If you have a SH2ac, then you'll have problems using modem mode.

You're right, why should we have to pay for another router out of our own pocket? I think part of the issue here is that Virgin Media are just flat out denying that there is any problem with their superhub or firmware. 

0 Kudos
misterdee
Tuning in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Flat out denial is an understatement, i spent 2 hours talking with a rep this morning constantly denying any issues and refusing to change my hub.

eventually she cut me off. and now after changing all the setting suggested just out of curiousity, i still have the problem as i knew i would. so i'm rather livid right now.

0 Kudos
CSMacDonald
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I don't blame you, their service is pathetic. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi CSMacDonald and everyone else on the thread.

We have noticed an increase in traffic on the forum regarding these issues with WOW. With the help of the community we have recently raised this up for investigation and will keep you all informed.

Thanks for your patience 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

drusmanbashir
Tuning in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Appreciate that Forum team is trying to help us. Just wanted to add my name to the list of Virgin media customers having the same issue. Currently trying modem mode to see if that improves the situation before i start a new thread
0 Kudos