Menu
Sviestish
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Fastest the slowest?

Hi... I have Gamer pack broadband that should be the fastest in UK ... however I got 15-26Mbps download speeds and 5+ upspeeds. I have had so much times a massive lagspikes in games like csgo wow any online game... I took gamer pack just cos I wanted no lags in games and fast download speeds I got non of that. What should I do? I mean I maybe have seen the right speeds(200ish Mbps) twice like in 3 o clock at night in Wednesday that about it ? Is really virgin not improving anything ? Should I downgrade to have faster speeds?

Thanks Vinnie

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fastest the slowest?

Hi Sviestish,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004166717). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 24th May 2017.

I've also picked up an issue with your Downstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sviestish
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

HI... So yeah I spoke with one of your colleague and I had engineer called to my house. I guess it wasn't he's day as I was in kitchen and saw paper  drop in from doors... Run there and saw sorry we miss you paper from virgin media and the guy had written on paper I was calling at 9:10 haha 100% he was not. I fast opened doors and here he was surprised "Ou you are at home?'' like how would he know that I would not be... He attached the downstream thingy and at the moment it was alright of course cos it was early morning and I had good speeds. Then he called office and asked if any problems in this area and he got that code you mentioned F004166717 the utilization is almost always 90 or 80% and that is affecting me ... Why when I was getting/buying this connection no one warned me that I could have this problem? It is not my fault and it is damn shocking that I cant even watch a video online at 1080p paying this premium price. However he told me that 24th April will be the date it will be fixed. Well why would I pay till the date then ? Cos at the moment it is useless having so slow speeds I cant play with my mates online. It shows ping 8(speedtest.net) yeah and in games it is 300-500ms good luck playing with that. Thought spending this weekend playing with mates -- NOP not with this latency in games ... Im forced to do different stuff now cos internet is completely useless to play games  even tho it shows 3 up and 26 down my latency in games are jumping over 300ms and it is unplayable. Nothing like 200Mbps down and 13Mbps up lol sick and tired of this unfairness paying premium and receiving under above performance THUMBS DOWN !!!!!!!!!!

16/04201716/04201712312412412412.jpg

0 Kudos
Sviestish
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi... So yeah I spoke with your co-worker and had engineer sent to my home. I wasn't pleased with the engineer as he put the paper in saying he was already calling and I just opened door and he was there and never called or ringed to the door. He fixed my cable levels or whatever was that but it made no difference on peak times as today I'm fed up... internet is unusable lagging in games with over 300ms/latency even tho speedtest shows 20+Mbps / 3+uploads and 10 ping(nothing even close to 200Mbps downlaods and 13ups. I had to take brake and not play with my mates cos of this. I know there is the F004166717 code that says that my area is almost all the time 90% utilized thus my speeds are affected but I feel like it is not my fault when I signed contract few months ago no one warned me and even tho it will be fixed at 24th of April I do not feel like I would pay this premium price for speeds that are slower than my 4G speeds on phone till it is fixed. Why would I have to pay high price for broadband that can't even handle 1080p video on youtube. Big Thumbs down!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us about this Sviestish,

Really sorry to hear about all the bother experienced. :/

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat about this some more.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I upgraded to Vivid 200 gamer it's rubbish it doesn't make online gaming much faster for some reason it makes it worse. I was better the 200 mbps Internet package even that was rubbish why should I pay extra money for Vivid 200 gamer when the Internet package is not fit for it's purpose????????

0 Kudos
Sviestish
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Indeed I'm playing games with mate who pay like under 20 pounds for broadband and he always got lower ping and he download games faster cos he's broadband is much stable even with lower speeds beating my "SUPERIOR" Vivid 200 gamer... Funny isnt it ? No it is not 

0 Kudos
Sviestish
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

21/04/201721/04/2017

VIVID 200 GAMER at Friday yeah time to play some games with mates!! Oh well yeah no I can't sorry my net is lagging the *#%*@% out ! And yeah I pay more that for regular speeds LOL

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry about this Sviestish,

I've checked up on this for you and I can see that you're still currently affected by a high demand service fault within your area under the ticket reference F004166717, with a review set for 26/07/2017.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Sviestish
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yeah spoke with virgin media got a small discount that is just unfair as unfair it gets... If you buy pack of sugar and it says 1kg you want it to be 1kg not less that 10% of that... 30/04/2017  F004166717 is not fixed and networking is unusable what kind of joke is this? Can't you buy more servers or whatever you need ? Why would you let me have this connection with gamer bundle if you can't even handle 10% from that... Today I'm having 10Mbps download speed ...I  I can't watch video at 1080p everything is laggy as it gets what a freaking joke... To downgrade I will have to wait 1 month ...I guess I will try to cancel this unfair stupid bundle at first chance... And I don't recommend anyone this bundle...

0 Kudos