Menu
nad223
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 40
Flag for a moderator

FIFA on Xbox One and PS4, latency issues and lag occuring too often

Hi,

I have recently been having issues with my xbox one and ps4 when playing FIFA and some other games where I'm finding lag to be an issue. I've been struggling to play certain game modes at all in FIFA as i get lag a lot of times even when i'm host or either playing friends nearby to me.

I am using a wired connection, however on the ps4 i have port forwarded ports but it hasnt fixed nothing and it is still very unstable 

the router is a super hub 2 AC.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Re: FIFA on Xbox One and PS4, latency issues and lag occuring too often

Hi nad223

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of the problems that you are experiencing playing FIFA.

Thanks for trying port forwarding for us. Everything looks healthy when testing from this side. Could you try putting the hub into modem mode and let us know if this makes any difference?

Look forward to hearing from you

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
nad223
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 40
Flag for a moderator

It is still lagging non stop, port forwarding is activated 

N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router Model WNDR4500v2 is my router for modem mode  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi nad223,

Thanks for the update, I've double checked your connection from this end and again all looks in good order, just as a process of elimination could you please try a a wired connection, with the Hub in modem mode, directly to the PS4 or Xbox One and let us know if this makes any difference.

Let us know how it goes.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
nad223
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 40
Flag for a moderator

hi 

i have done all this before and it doesnt make any difference is there anything else that can be done because this is getting a bit frustrating like do this and then do that like i said i have tried everything. i have eve had an engineer visit my house and he said everything is all ok this was like 1 month ago so is there anything else that can be done if not i think i might aswell go else where with my broadband because at the moment we are getting no where i await your reply 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi nad223,

I can understand this is frustrating for you, however as we can't see any network issue this end to explain the latency you're getting then we need to run diagnostics from your end to try an identify where the problem potentially lays.

Modem mode wired directly to your console would be a first step, this would help rule out issues with your router or any interference from wireless traffic.

Should problems still be evident then a factory reset of the SuperHub would be the next step, followed by traceroute information to any of the game servers you're having issues with.

We want to help, but some faults aren't easy to locate hence the need for the troubleshooting.

Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
nad223
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 40
Flag for a moderator

it looks like bye bye virgin media absolute joke of a service like i said i have tried all that before so just forget it i will be looking else where thanks for ur help so far 

0 Kudos
liverpaul
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Both of mine arewireless but now ones wired via network plugs. I find xbox has better wireless signal and hardly lagged. Is your nat type 2 or 3?
0 Kudos
nad223
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 40
Flag for a moderator

its nat type 2 ps4 

0 Kudos
nad223
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 40
Flag for a moderator