Menu
Grantos888
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

FIFA 17 disconnects Xbox one

Ever since the game came out I continue to get disconnected frequently from online gaming when playing 2 player games. It happens more than 70% of the time I play. It begins with lag then eventually goes completely. My Xbox is wired. My internet speeds look fine, my NAT is OPEN. It does not happen on any other game ! What is going on? How do I fix this?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: FIFA 17 disconnects Xbox one

Hi Grantos888,

Thanks for posting back on the community.

I'm sorry to learn you are experiencing disconnections whilst playing Xbox One.

As you mentioned this doesn't happen on any other game, have you been in touch with EA to see if they have any issues at all as it could be the game itself?

Does the internet/browsing stop working at the same time?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Grantos888
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi - no it doesn't. It only occurs during online play on FIFA ... no other internet issues with any devices in the home. It is intermittent but consistent.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Grantos888,

Thanks for the additional info Smiley Happy

We might need to look into port forwarding to improve the experience when playing FIFA. You'll have to ask EA what ports you'll need to access and then follow the instructions on this help article.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
stormfury2
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Heather_J wrote:

Hello again Grantos888,

Thanks for the additional info Smiley Happy

We might need to look into port forwarding to improve the experience when playing FIFA. You'll have to ask EA what ports you'll need to access and then follow the instructions on this help article.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care.

In the first post it is mentioned that Grantos is showing as open NAT, this would indicate that the necessary ports are open. Forwarding ports probably won't help as it's working correctly either because UPnP is turned on or that Grantos has configured port forwarding already.

Also if the connection is dropping it would indicate that it is able to connect initially as well, assuming the ports were closed, the firewall would just drop the connection completely it wouldn't wait for an indeterminable amount of time and then decide to close the connection.

I have also seen issues (on this forum and YouTube) with users reporting that certain firmware revisions on the SH3 have issues with port forwarding and DHCP reservation.

@Grantos888 it may be worth looking in to a third party cable router as I've found these to be infinitely more reliable at networking tasks than the VM Superhubs, I personal just use the SH as a gateway (modem mode) and rely on a Linksys WRT1900ac to actually do all the work.

0 Kudos