Menu
rickomate
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

FIFA 17 button delay lag

Ok I have had this problem for absolutely ages now. It's where I press a button on the controller and it takes like a second to register the input. So basically the game is unplayable. Virgin say blah blah your upstreams and Downstreams look fine. So I thought I would connect my console to my mobile phone hotspot and bang the game played perfectly and I've played about 7-8 games on it now and there is no issue. But obviously I can't play on that all the time because of mobile data. So virgin it is your network causing the issue. Need sorting asap or won't be renewing my contract when it ends thanks
0 Kudos
Petinho
Tuning in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: FIFA 17 button delay lag

Just about to try the exact same using my o2 4g connection....if its better then i will cancel because for gaming VM is appalling...all they bother about is speed and not the quality of the connection 

0 Kudos
rickomate
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yeah let me know how you get on. Don't give a crap about the speed to be honest. Everyone says virgin are rubbish for gaming. I just think it's a problem they can't fix and don't like to admit it. It's definitely a routing issue
0 Kudos
Petinho
Tuning in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Tried the o2 connection and it wasn't any better really, although it would not come out of strick NAT.... I'd be much happy with 50mb instead of 100mb and a stable connection instead of the oversubscribed rubbish.

I'm looking at Vodafone 76mb for £31 and may just cancel this 100mb
0 Kudos
rickomate
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone from virgin gonna get back to me? I need to know if this can be fixed. Spoke to ea on numerous occasions. They say its my internet provider and there isn't nothing wrong there end
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi rickomate,

I am sorry about your poor game-play. I have tested your connection thoroughly and confirm there are no area faults relating to congestion or anything else. In fact your part of the network has very little overall traffic even at peak times. 

What console are you playing on and does it connect via Ethernet or wireless?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
rickomate
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Does it both on Xbox and PS4. Done modem mode. Port forwarding and dmz. Wired and wireless. No difference at all. Needs to be fixed. Can't play one single game of Fifa with out button delay. It's definitely something virgins end because when I take it to my mates house who's on sky. It's plays perfectly and when I took it too my uncles house with virgin it's the exact same as mine. These things just don't fix them self. A fix would be appreciated or will have no option but not renew my contract when it ends in a couple of months time thanks
0 Kudos
Petinho
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I'm leaving VM a week Tuesday for TalkTalk fibre... Can't handle anymore awful connections anymore..... And as for a recent poll that VM got 85% satisfaction rating they clearly didn't ask the right people
0 Kudos
mf3st
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

so now is better with talk talk?  i m thinking seriously to leave virgin but i can't decide what  provider to go  with

0 Kudos
Petinho
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Still get a little delay when ea servers are overloaded but it's so much more manageable than it was on VM.

Connection is much more stable in all games I have played
0 Kudos