Menu
Squibbles
Tuning in
Message 1 of 63
Flag for a moderator

FIFA 17 - VM100 Meg - PS4 - Very Sluggish/Slow/Lag and now unplayable!!

Hi

I have a VM100 meg connection and I only ever play Fifa 17 and the game has horrendous lag. I have a wired connection to my PS4 with the SH3 in 'modem mode' connected via  TP-Link WD9980 router which is a powerful router.

I get close to max downstream and upstream but when playing Fifa the game lags so much as has so much latency that is almost unplayable. I have even setup QoS/Bandwidth Control on my router to give 80% of the connection and max 100% to my PS4 but this has not helped!

I even provided a traceroute to an advisor over the weekend and hops 13-30 were reporting 120m/s! This is outrageous. I am happy to do a think broadband quality monitor and this will confirm my suspicions.. Even playing friends that are in the same area as my online is really bad and lots of latency and jitter! This is outrageous.

I am also aware that the SH3 is a crap HUB and there are issues with the Chipset that could be the problem...

Can you investigate and fix my problem or can someone in the community please advise??

This is really poor service for something I am paying £35 for...

Can someone please advise...

0 Kudos
Suauk123
Joining in
Message 2 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Re: FIFA 17 - VM100 Meg - PS4 - Very Sluggish/Slow/Lag and now unplayable!!

I'm having similar issues with FIFA 17, out of interest, what's your ping stats to warn servers?
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Is it only FIFA 17 that lags ???

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Squibbles
Tuning in
Message 4 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for responding. I only play Fifa 17 as that is all I need and yes this lags badly.

I get 3 bars on the latency and in general (aside from latency) players are really sluggish, button presses take 1 to 2 seconds after to execute, everything moves slow and you have to anticipate where the ball is going to end up... instead of crisp smooth play. All in all it is not fun to play it anymore and it's really depressing as I sometimes just want to unwind after work and it ruins things.

If anyone needs me to post anything ie stats wise I can do this tomorrow evening after work..

Would be truly grateful for any help to get rid or minimize this horrendous lag and sluggishness.

There are only a max of 3 devices connected at 1 time to my network if that helps. 2 hard wired (1 which is not in use whilst PS4 is played) and the 2nd being the PS4.

1 iPad via wireless.

I have even bought a new TV and got it into gaming mode to see if that helps but nothing Smiley Sad

Thank You in advance.
0 Kudos
Squibbles
Tuning in
Message 5 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what you mean by ping stats to the 'warn servers'?

I did a simple ping test via pingtest and speed test.

happy to share again if need be or if you could please clarify what you mean that would be great..

Thanks
0 Kudos
Nejones1981
Tuning in
Message 6 of 63
Flag for a moderator

FIFA 17 is unplayable for me also , I believe it's how virgin route us to ea servers . Only thing u can do is switch ISP , my mate has 50mb sky and difference is night and day compared to my 200mb **bleep** 

0 Kudos
Thatboymitch
Joining in
Message 7 of 63
Flag for a moderator

It's not virgin media. I was previously with BT infinity and presumed it was just there internet. Recently moved over to virgin media. And it's exactly the same. When FIFA first come out. It played great. They did a update and ever since then it's been unplayable. Input lag is absolute ridiculous
0 Kudos
Suauk123
Joining in
Message 8 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I meant EA servers. Ping easo.ea.com and post your ping stats, best to do this over a wired connection. Would love to compare it to my stats.
Thanks
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Here is a tracert from on my VM200.

The problem seems to be after leaving VM to route over Prolexic.com

easo.JPG

--
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 63
Flag for a moderator

SH3 this has known problems with Latency because of the Puma Chipset.

--
0 Kudos