Menu
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

FIFA 17: PLAYSTATION 4

TOO MUCH LAG WHEN CONNECTING TO EA SERVERS, TRACE ROUTE SHOWS THE SERVER IS NOT REACHABLE. IS THERE ANYTHING VIRGIN MEDIA WILL DO?????????

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: FIFA 17: PLAYSTATION 4

Hello Omar7733,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Apologies for the problems you're having when using your PS4, I know this can be frustrating.

Are you using a wireless or a hard-wired connection? It is only EA games that you struggle with? Have you tested your speed on a PC or laptop to see if there's any issues with the speeds reaching your property?

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Heather_J wrote:

Hello Omar7733,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Apologies for the problems you're having when using your PS4, I know this can be frustrating.

Are you using a wireless or a hard-wired connection? It is only EA games that you struggle with? Have you tested your speed on a PC or laptop to see if there's any issues with the speeds reaching your property?

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

I'm having this problem for months now I'm not the only one have a look at the forums. I have a SUPER HUB 3 and I'm using a wired connection and it's got nothing to do with the speed it's got to do with how Virgin Media are connecting to EA Servers. I did a Trace Route and I found the ping is very high. I have opened ports and I have enabled DMZ but it makes no difference at all. I have Vivid 200 gamer and I can't even connect to EA Servers properly without the ping being so high that I can't even play the game because of the severe lag. Virgin Media need to do something about this because there is so many of us complaining about the same issue. It's not right I work my ass off and I'm paying VM a lot of money I just want to be able to play FIFA 17 with a stable connection, no disruptions throughout the game.  

0 Kudos
Blinker
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I not sure if it the superhub 3 or not I have superhub2 ac and for past 2 weeks my connection on ps4 has been hit and miss. I phoned support line monday to go through.there checks i was on phone for 30 mins. I told I was being put on hold while they contacted another team. During being on hold I get the other caller has ended call. I phoned back 10 mins later speak to another person. They said there a fault in my area. Said it would be fixed day after. I guessing this is the more utilisation problem I suffered a year ago. It took months to be resolved. When I phone up I asked can you tell me of this is high utilisation or a fault. They still make you do these pointless tests only to confirm after there is a fault. The first person told me high utilisation. Second told me fault in area. Who am i supposed to believe. I just wish they were more honest to customer questions. I mean if it is high utilisation they could have the decency to say hey it is and we plan on fixing by ..... it seams to me that they afraid of telling people what is going on. The only postitive answer I got was my equipment wasn't the issue
0 Kudos
Blinker
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

By the way I just turned on ps4 and fifa 17 updated. In patch notes it says Changed the latency bar graphic to give more detail on connection quality.
0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting very high ping when connecting to EA Servers and I'm getting severe lag the the game is unplayable. It's been like this for over a year now. 

0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What is the email address to your 2nd line team? You will have to sort this out you must do something 

0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

FIFA 17 ON PLAYSTATION 4 EA SERVERS VERY HIGH PING

I'M GETTING VERY HIGH WHEN CONNECTING TO EA SERVERS. I CAN'T EVEN PLAY 1 GAME PROPERLY WITHOUT SEVERE LAG. I HAVE LOOKED AT THE TRACE ROUTE AND THE PING IS GOING OVER 384MS AND THERE IS A LOT OF UNKNOWN HOSTS. 

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?

0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

unable to connect to ea servers properly

what is going with this so many of us are having this problem but no one is doing anything about. !

Screenshot (62).png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: unable to connect to ea servers properly

Ip checker reports the host name as unknown.prolexic.com, don't think that has anything to do with your issue

You're hitting the server within 125ms and I would expect that for a US server

0 Kudos