Menu
Mgreen1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

FIFA 16 lag

Hi,
As in the title I have been experiencing a kind of lag in game on FIFA.
It is not a stuttering lag, more like an input lag of sorts. It is only slight, maybe .5 of a second but in online play this is enough to give the opponent a significant advantage.
I have tried a wired connection, a wireless one, UPNP on and off, I have tried forwarding ports, DMZ and the only thing that seems to work to SOME extent is to put my router into modem mode, however, even this feels like there is still a slight delay to my players compared to my opponents. It is not good for to leave in modem mode as this is the house connection.

this happens during peak times and non peak times.

any help 

martin

0 Kudos
Mgreen1
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: FIFA 16 lag

On this post. I have done some more testing. I rebooted my super hub several times and the jitteriness/lag has stopped. 

Not sure why

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mgreen1

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing when playing FIFA16

I'm unable to run some checks on your hub as it appears to be switched off. If you can bump the thread when it's switched on we can certainly take another look. Can you post the downstream/upstream stats and the network log for us to have a look at? (go to 192.168.0.1, don't log in, router status in top right corner)

What speed test results are you getting if you put the hub in modem mode and your PC in safe mode with networking?

Are you able to post a trace route for us to have a look at?

Is FIFA 16 the only game that you are getting these problems on?

Look forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Buffnuff
Just joined
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am getting exactly the same error.. Very frustrating I've heard it's a port problem.. Only game I get lag on
0 Kudos
Mgreen1
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ty_s.

My router is now on.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mgreen1,

Thanks for leaving your hub on. I've checked your connection now and everything looks fine from here. No area faults, contention looks normal, power levels are all good and the SNR is stable. Could you do as Ty suggested and try the hub in modem mode and see if this helps? Also is this only happening in Fifa or other games as well?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
weebledeacon
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Sorry to butt in on this post, but I'm getting exactly the same issue, also only on FIFA. Seems intermittent, and the pattern also seems to be that the first game or 2 I play in any one session is okay, then the problems kick in
0 Kudos