Menu
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

FIFA 16 PS4

I’m having this problem for over a year now with FIFA 16 on my PS4

I have a SUPER HUB 3 directly connected to my Playstation 4 through Ethernet cable

I have very unstable connection when I’m playing FUT or Online seasons online games are unplayable I can’t tackle or pass the ball or do anything consistenly well because of the Internet connection

Someone from Virgin did a Trace Route to the EA Servers and they found out that

The ping rate significantly goes up from hop 9 which is why I’m having this problem

tracert to ps.jpg

I was told to contact Playstation who told me they can’t do anything

I then spoke to EA on the phone and the person who I spoke to told me to ask my Internet Provider to reroute my connection to the EA Servers. I don’t know if this possible or not

Could someone please help me out, thanks.

(pls do not respond with try using a Super HUB 2AC in modem mode with asus router because I have already tried this)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: FIFA 16 PS4

Hi Omar7733,

Apologies for the connectivity issues you're experiencing when playing online. To be honest I'm not entirely sure whether or not we can make changes. Zayo supply fibre backbone and CDN's across Europe & America. Are we able to route differently? Would our amending the routing path be a viable option? I honestly don't know. 

It would help to see an alternate route, so if you have a friend whose broadband is provided by another ISP would you request a traceroute to the same destination IP and post the output on here please?

I'll then take another look and see whether or not we can help with this Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

No I don't believe that I can do this, but other Virgin customers who play FIFA 16 on the PS4 do not have this problem so why is this only happening to me???

0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hello

other players from the UK who play this game do not have this problem so they will have to re route the network 

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Omar7733 wrote:

Hello

other players from the UK who play this game do not have this problem so they will have to re route the network 

Thats not how routing works, the hops involved are on another companies network, a network VM have zero control over, VM will have a peering agreement with them but thats about it, once the traffic leaves the VM network there is nothing they can really do about it and nothing they can realistically do to resolve it

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Omar7733 wrote:

(pls do not respond with try using a Super HUB 2AC in modem mode with asus router because I have already tried this)

But you could of had another device connected doing a short download or upload that caused you to buffer in your set super hub upto rate limit because you did not set your QoS of your asus router.

0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Well they better be able to do something about it!!!

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Omar7733 wrote:

Well they better be able to do something about it!!!

The only thing they "can" do about it they won't do because it would involve cutting themselves off from a peering partner in europe, such is the nature of the internet, they can't just fix it for you without changing it for everyone who isn't even affected

0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Do you work for Virgin? The package is Vivid 200 gamer for online gaming and if I can't even connect to EA Servers to play my game FIFA 16  then this package which is probably one of the most expensive Internet packages out there  is utterly useless and Virgin are lying to their customers. 

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Omar7733 wrote:

Do you work for Virgin? The package is Vivid 200 gamer for online gaming and if I can't even connect to EA Servers to play my game FIFA 16  then this package which is probably one of the most expensive Internet packages out there  is utterly useless and Virgin are lying to their customers. 

No i don't work for virgin, it being advertised as "gamer" doesn't mean anything, its a name to differentiate the standard 12mbit upstream vivid from the 20mbit upstream vivid, as i've already said, VM do not control anything once it leaves their network, this is the case for all ISP's, VM are not lying at any point, are you getting traffic managed on your upstream, are you getting 200mbit downstream with 20mbit upstream, if so then you're getting exactly what you paid for, there is no way for them to guarantee anything outside of their network, in the example traceroute you provided that would be anything after hop 7, hop 8 isn't even in the UK anymore its in holland, the issue is that the traffic is going UK > Holland > UK > America and in that instance the ping times seem about average, i don't think you'll really get anything less than that, but again, those are on networks VM do NOT have ANY control over

0 Kudos