Menu
Louie7
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

FIFA 16 Lag PS4

I'm having major lag/input lag on FIFA 16..
anybody else experience this ? It's just on FIFA ..Destiny works fine ..

I've tried port forwarding..nothing seems to work ..switching of plug and play on the router which EA said could help..same issues.

I'm using a TP Link home plug ..maybe that's causing an issue with the VM router ? I'm on superhub2 and from reading the VM routers aren't the greatest ? Worth investing in a top end router ?

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: FIFA 16 Lag PS4

There is an existing thread here that may be relevant to you:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming/Fifa-16-Input-delay-PS4/td-p/3125122

There is a suggestion that it is an EA issue.

To rule out any issues at your end it is always wise trying a test with the PS4 directly connected to the hub (not through any home plugs or switches) and if you are concerned about the router functions of the hub being the cause then try putting the hub in modem mode and see if that makes a difference.  If you have the same issues in modem mode then a third party router wouldn't help as you need to put the hub in modem mode to feed the traffic to any other router.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos