Menu
dangerf1sh
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Extremely high latency spikes throughout the day.

Alright so. There has been a peak time utilisation fault in my area for about a year now. Review dates being pushed back over and over the next is January 18th which lets be honest is just going to be pushed back another 2 months. Smiley Happy I'm on a wired connection and my latency goes from 50ms to basically 2000ms making games like bf1 and overwatch unplayable. Also getting packet loss now and again so that's great as well. I'm on a wired connection by the way via power adapters. I don't know if my super hub is becoming faulty or what as well as the fault but I'm at my wit's end now.
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely high latency spikes throughout the day.

Have you got a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) set up so your problems can be graphed ? http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping Its useful for posting into threads when seeking technical advice

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
dangerf1sh
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely high latency spikes throughout the day.

The

These are the results I got from using the monitor last night, the weekends are by far the worse for the latency (More people are off from work etc) But sometimes it just stops goes back to normal latency for a bit and then it can shoot up making the online unplayable. I'm not too bothered about my download and upload speeds on playstation because that only effects your friend list loading etc it has nothing to do with latency because I've had high enough down/up speeds and still really high latency. The packet loss happens now and again as well, games like BF1 and Overwatch have an indicator that pops up when it happens. I also tried hooking up my brothers PS4 downstairs directly into the router via Ethernet cable latency was still there like 600ping on rocket league.

0 Kudos