Menu
Treebeards
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Extereme packet loss, bad ping, ping spikes

I have been getting around 20-30% packet loss for the last couple of days now. Its so incredibly bad that it makes it impossible to play any form of online game or even chat to someone over a VoIP system.

Here is my Broadband Quality Graph:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/efa4005ba609194d9baebb057a898de6-02-04-2016.html

and here are the speedtest results:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5218283331

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extereme packet loss, bad ping, ping spikes

Hi Treebeards,

I'm so sorry for your degraded connection. Your BQM is showing rather severe packet loss but I'm unable to find any network related fault to explain it. 

I've performed both a traceroute and a ping test (from the point at which your connection joins the CMTS) with no packet loss at all:

Sending IP ping to: 212.58.244.23 from **.**.***.*

ping (212.58.244.23): 100 data bytes

1000 packets transmitted, 1000 packets received

Is this still happening or has it eased since you posted?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Treebeards
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jen, I had a service technician come out on Wednesday, he replaced the router and I could not detect the packet loss for about a day. But I still had a few other issues with websites & other such media not loading. But now I have around 20% packet loss again so, I phoned up again today and we ran a few tests to make sure that it was not a problem with my current setup at home and still they couldn't detect anything on their end. I have another technician coming on tuesday so i guess I will just have to wait until they arrive.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Treebeards,

Really sorry that this is continuing and I'll definitely do what I can to help. To be honest with you our engineers are equipped to deal with physical faults. But, if there is any evidence of a potential network related problem they can escalate to a network technician.

If the engineer is unable to find anything amiss please post an update on here and I'll investigate further.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Treebeards
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen,

My internet has been running fine since I last posted but as of today I have packet loss again.

Here is the Think Broadband graph:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/447f82f5671db38debcef5924362bb1a.html

We cancelled the network technician appointment due to the line being competely clear on the day that he was suppost to arrive, thinking perhaps you guys had done somthing on your end. But nope its back again at around 20% as of this morning.

0 Kudos
Treebeards
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Three weeks later...

Capture2.PNG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Treebeards,

Aww sorry that the improved connection didn't last. Would you care to reconsider that engineer appointment?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos