Menu
3ulldog
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Eve Online Socket Closed

Been playing Eve now for about 10 years and the past 2 months i have been getting random ' Socket Closed' on one of my Characters whilst the other is still online and playing.

After sending many Petition tickets to CCP (Eve online developers) they keep coming back that is it a network fault from my side and nothing to do with them.

Here is where it gets interesting. I also use Teamspeak and some of my Alliance members also get socket closed at the same time as me, and these guys are in different countries and on different ISP's than me. So how can this be from my side and not theres?

Eve forums have 4 threads about it and yet CCP still say nothing to do with them.Have linked the main one below.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=463388&find=unread

Help appreciated on this matter. I am not the tech minded so running apps etc and pings may be slow going for me Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Eve Online Socket Closed

Hi 3ulldog,

Thanks for posting, it does sound like an in game issue if your other character remains online.

I'm not sure if this would be a factor, but looking at your connection from this end I can see that peak time traffic in your area is high and will slow your connection in general during these times.

If you get the opportunity to play off peak during the daytime for example, do you still suffer the same 'Socket Closed' problems with one of your characters?

I can also see that your downstream power levels are running a bit on the high side, which again may affect general connectivity, I'd recommend we arrange for an engineer visit to get these checked and adjusted, I'll drop you a PM so we can make some arrangements.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
shutupandshave
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm suffering the same issues and the issues appear to be mostly focussed on peak times.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi shutupandshave,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing similar problems with your Eve online characters, I'd like to run a few general checks on your connection from this end, however as your last post was from a non Virgin Media connection I've been unable to locate your account.

If you could drop us a quick update from your home connection we'll then be able to locate your details and gladly run some real time checks on your service from here.

Kind Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos