Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (156 Views)

EA Titles - "Speed lag"?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

First of all, please forgive my lack of technical knowledge in regards to networks. For the past week, I have been having issues with EA based titles - Madden 17, Fifa 17. When playing online, my game pauses briefly, and then speeds up quickly to catch up to the point where the game would have been if it hadn't froze. It happens every few seconds and makes online gaming unplayable. 

I've ran basic speed tests and have a download of 25mbps and an upload of 3mbps. I've tried port-forwarding, but the issue still occurs. I've tried a ping test too and get 100% packet loss. This is probably the firewall blocking the test though as all other aspects of the internet work fine (other than gaming). I'm based in Middlesbrough.

I've logged online to my VM account and it says that there are no known broadband issues in my area.

Does anyone have any clue to what could be causing this issue?

Cheers in advance, Andy.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4 (129 Views)

Re: EA Titles - "Speed lag"?

It seems so weird that so many people are having the same issue... Me included but I'm located in Birmingham.

Apparently a fix is on its way but I'm not sure if that's just in a localised area.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (96 Views)

Cheers Adam. Could anyone provide any further information on this "fix"?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4 (51 Views)

Hi there Andy,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read you are having an issue whilst playing online games such as Fifa 17. I can imagine how frustrating this must be especially when your trying to score a goal.

From checking your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine with no faults reported.

Is the device you are playing on connected through wired or wireless?

Are you able to post your ping tests and trace route results please for us to check over?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos