Menu
Bimbledude
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

EA Servers keep losing connection

Hi,
Playing Battlefield 4 on Xbox one, after less than 5 minutes of online multiplayer the game cuts out and I get the message "You have lost connection to the EA servers. Online features will be unavailable." This has been happening since the weekend.
I have reset the router and the Xbox but no luck. Netflix and other internet services seem to be working fine.
Is anyone having the same problem and know a fix?
Thanks
0 Kudos
th3wu
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: EA Servers keep losing connection

Hi,

It is recommended to open/forward certain ports to improve your connection. The link is here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/battlefield/battlefield-4/online-ports-for-battlefield-4/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bimbledude

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy I'm really sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing when playing Battlefield.

I've run some checks on your connection and everything is looking great.

Is it just on Battlefield that this happens or with other games too? 

As mentioned by th3wu it's worth checking if any ports need to be opened. Also are you connected to the hub over wifi or ethernet?

Speak soon

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
d_mengs
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you are using the 5g network change it to the 2.4. I had the same issue with the ea servers along with countless others on here. Changing to the 2.4g network seems to have solved my issue.

0 Kudos
Bimbledude
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I think it's only Battlefield it is effecting.

Have you got a full guide to opening the ports? I have a super hub 2 connected by wifi.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Bimbledude,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In regards to opening the ports, here is a guide on how to do this > Setting up Port Forwarding.

Have you tried a wired connection to the Xbox One to see if you get the same issue?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jd101
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue andnlagging on PS4 tried opening the ports and it's still not working
0 Kudos