Menu
ScarboroMatt
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

EA Servers for FIFA 18 not connecting

Since fibre was installed a fortnight ago I haven't been able to log on to the EA servers to play FIFA 18 online on the PS4, no problem getting on the PSN network though. I'm presuming it's a problem with the Virgin service. Any solutions?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: EA Servers for FIFA 18 not connecting

Sorry to hear about this ScarboroMatt,

I've had a look into this for you and I'm unable to detect any active faults at the moment.

Have you tried Changing your Virgin Media Hub's wireless channel in order to potentially improve this type of connection?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
ScarboroMatt
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you,
Still no joy, there's no problem with the internet. The issue is I can't get on the EA Servers to play FIFA 18. This is definitely a Virgin issue as no problems logging on with my old provider, 4G hotspot or neighbours Wi-Fi. I've tried both wireless and ethernet cable.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello ScarboroMatt,

Thanks for keeping in touch Smiley Happy

Do all other games on your network play okay? We might need to do some Port Forwarding to enable the connection. What NAT type are you getting?

Speak soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ScarboroMatt
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. 

I can access the PSN no problem, I can't connect to the EA servers in both Fifa 18 and Battlefront I'm also locked out of https://myaccount.ea.com/ when using my virgin connection, which is disappointing as the new battlefront has just come out it is definitely an issue with Virgin Media as it connections fine from mobile hotspot, previous provider and neighbour's wi-fi. I have NAT 2 (moderate) which shouldn't be a problem. I've tried some port forwarding as specified here https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/fifa/fifa-18/online-ports-for-fifa-18/ though I don't know what I am doing and it has not been successful. On another thread it says there is no port forwarding on the Router 3.0. If I'd have known this would happen I would never have changed providers particularly when all the marketing is geared at gamers.

0 Kudos
Nejones1981
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There is port forwarding on hub 3 but that's not the issue. The issue is virgin awful network