Menu
On our wavelength
Message 81 of 138 (337 Views)

Re: Dreadful Packet Loss - Ongoing issue that is not going to go away VM!

got a funny text saying my issue was resolved, so i called up that UK number i've got and the guy said once again that it has been raised as an issue and an ETA is 11:50 tomorrow. So i will be giving them a call after that.  

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 82 of 138 (327 Views)

It's definitely a nationwide issue. I'm in Birmingham and having the same
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 83 of 138 (315 Views)

[ Edited ]

For ayrshire customers. Line 2 comment that the issues will be fixed for the 17th of March at 9 am

Tuning in
Message 84 of 138 (306 Views)

Seriously thinking of leaving if it doesn't get fixed.

Constant lag spikes.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 85 of 138 (298 Views)

While I'm hopeful of the issue being resolved, this whole debacle has soured my experience with VM.

I'd like to think that they have some effective monitoring in place, akin to what I use in my day to day support of the corporate global network.   We use PRTG extensively, monitoring every thing within the network from switches, routers, UPS devices, even going so far as to monitor VSAT connections on ships and their on board networks wherever they may be located across the globe.

In the event of any issues that occur, we have visibility of these, through an alerting process.  Not just complete outages, but also poor performance on latency and throughput.  While the network that I am responsible for may be significantly smaller than the VM estate, the concept remains the same. 

Effective monitoring and resolution are key to the smooth operation of any network and in this case, and most likely others, VM have failed on both elements.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 86 of 138 (278 Views)

Virgin Media's network must be a nightmare, cobbled together from leftover bits of Nynex, Cable and Wireless, NTL, Telewest and pieces of old string. I'd like to think that a conglomeration as fragile as that would have a super hi-tech NASA-style mission control room with klaxons blaring whenever there's a problem but, in reality, I imagine VM's monitoring system is just a bloke in a server room with his head in his hands, weeping uncontrollably.

On our wavelength
Message 87 of 138 (276 Views)

Ianbrown313 they told me tomoro at 11:51
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 88 of 138 (250 Views)

Hi mbozaritchie, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your issues with your broadband connection, I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I have tested things from here and everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, when do you notice them all times of day or just specific times?

Is there any noticeable change to your Hubs light sequence when these issues occur?

Could you please provide another recent copy of your Hubs logs and BQM graph for us to take another look at and compare with some of the data we have here.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 89 of 138 (238 Views)

Adam,

Take a look at any of my earlier posts as my BQM is a live graph.  You'll clearly see that the issue has not been resolved.  As for times of day.... again the BQM will speak volumes.

Lights on the hub?  No difference.

Hero
Message 90 of 138 (231 Views)

Run pingtest with java (needed for testing) about three times and check the packet loss which is you send 200 packets they receive your 200 packets. If no packet loss problem is downstream to you whether or not its the docsis line or routeing back from your connection is unknown.
http://www.pingtest.net/

0 Kudos