Menu
On our wavelength
Message 71 of 138 (266 Views)

Re: Dreadful Packet Loss - Ongoing issue that is not going to go away VM!

Thanks Lochy.

I'd be all over them just now but I'm presently stuck in work dealing with other network issues (i.e a suspected faulty MPLS circuit to our Shanghai site) which is also showing packet loss......Maybe i'm just a jinx!!!

Hopefully the fix will be applied sooner rather than later!.  Thanks for your efforts.

Tuning in
Message 72 of 138 (251 Views)

[ Edited ]

So after reading the latest replies today and the conflicting info on when & if this problem will be fixed I called that office in Swansea.
confusion ensued...

The first guy wasn't aware of any problems and couldn't find any notes of issues or scheduled repairs in our area on his system. Nor could he find any ticket numbers on the system or in this forum I directed him to. I was then told that my 168ms ping wasn't the worst etc (as if i was literally calling them up because I saw a number I didn't like) And that the detailed network tests on consoles weren't the most accurate. (why take notes if your going to just ask us the same stupid questions every time we call?)

I was then passed on to the second tier and told I needed evidence ( quality monitors, tracers or whatever) before they could escalate the issue. I don't have the slightest idea how to do a tracer and i'm struggling to get the quality monitor to work probably due to my firewall setting which I am unwilling to change. Bearing in mind the comment here about fixes being applied tomorrow at 11 etc & I'm now googling EA server addresses.

So in short. could everyone who has the time, patience and know-how please call them, (*********) supply your evidence and create a ticket.

I still cant believe i'm still running around trying to prove there is a problem 2 weeks in. I even suggested he use the same remote access procedure his colleague used last week to add port forwarding addresses to my hub and he basically just said no.

if an old woman phoned Scottish gas about her heating would they ask her to go up her loft with **bleep** tapers and a Bunsen burner to find out whats wrong?

[MOD EDIT: Unofficial support number removed.

Can the moderator who thought it was clever to remove that number i provided please provide us with another one then? or do we all have to..

• call 150 & press a load of buttons,
  • wait for he answer machine to check our connection and tell us everything's fine,
  • then call back and go through the menus again
  • then speak to a clueless level one operator
  • before being forwarded to.. the number i provided! 
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 73 of 138 (231 Views)

Here's two more traceroutes, to www.pool.ntp.org (from where I imagine a fair few Virgin Media customers will get their network time) and xbox.com (because I couldn't find IP addresses for the XBox Team Fortress 2 servers). In comparison to these, a traceroute to google.com completes in nine hops. I'd really like to hear from an official Virgin Media source that the problem has at least been acknowledged and, ideally, they understand what's causing it and how it can be fixed.

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 13.56.47.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-15 at 14.00.05.png

On our wavelength
Message 74 of 138 (221 Views)

Can you please PM me that number (if its oh so shameful to post in the forum!) and I'll give it a call when I get home tonight.
My networking/infrastructure background should be enough to smell the waft of BS coming from a scripted response and with any luck I'll get the issue escalated.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 75 of 138 (206 Views)

Why the hell is the number getting removed?

Its the goddam UK tech support team. Like Jesus Christs mods, we are getting messed around here as it is

Tuning in
Message 76 of 138 (174 Views)

cally there is proof and tracerts and bqms all over this post fella
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 77 of 138 (165 Views)

I'm aware whats here mate trust me.
My point is..
Absolutely nothing will be done unless we call them personally with our own data and escalate the issue via our personal accounts with VM thus creating a ticket.
The guy even said to me today "they don't even look at these forums really unless a customer directs them here" which I find an absolute joke and a ridiculous thing for a technician to say.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 78 of 138 (143 Views)

[ Edited ]

The first 2 techs I spoke to didn't know what ping was.

Updated BQM, seems to be getting worse:

BQM3.png

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 79 of 138 (128 Views)

it has been escalated and there is tickets up already
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 80 of 138 (126 Views)

technician i spoke to couldn't find any so.....

0 Kudos