Menu
On our wavelength
Message 61 of 139 (407 Views)

Re: Dreadful Packet Loss - Ongoing issue that is not going to go away VM!

shadowwraith wrote:

Getting the exact same thing here in Dreghorn for nearly 2 weeks

I'm in Dreghorn too

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 62 of 139 (385 Views)

+1 in the South Ayrshire area. It'd be nice if they could fix this before Monday, considering it's been a problem for nearly two weeks...

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 63 of 139 (375 Views)

I never had these problems with Smallworld.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 64 of 139 (357 Views)

I miss the very approachable guys at Omne/Wightcable/Smallworld.  At least if there was an issue, they were aware of it and didnt hide.

VM are just another large faceless meatgrinder of an organisation who couldnt give a toss.  Just so long as the money keeps rolling in for Beardy Branson to buy more sand for Necker Island!

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 65 of 139 (322 Views)

Same packet loss issues in RG42. After 2 engineer visits someone finally agreed it was a network issue and spoke to the network people who said there is a area fault which has been here since December yet the website and call centre staff know nothing about this. ETA on fix is another month so most likely longer than that which is great while trying to online game with packet loss on every virgin jump.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 66 of 139 (305 Views)

RossC123 wrote:

I've been having this issue too, same area and same BQM results basically.  Great down/up speeds but god awful packet loss causing online games to be unplayable for 2 weeks.

I've been on the phone the last few days /w virgin and was told there is definitely a network problem in our area and its scheduled for repair next Monday.  If it solves the problem or not remains to be seen but at least they are aware of an issue in the line.  Hope this helps somewhat since it sounds like you aren't getting very far yourself.

Steik wrote:
Same packet loss issues in RG42. After 2 engineer visits someone finally agreed it was a network issue and spoke to the network people who said there is a area fault which has been here since December yet the website and call centre staff know nothing about this. ETA on fix is another month so most likely longer than that which is great while trying to online game with packet loss on every virgin jump.

Steik I have a feel they don't know a thing cause they told RossC123 guy a fix on monday and told you a fix next month

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 67 of 139 (288 Views)

This thread has been going on since Monday and yet there's been no response from any VM staff on here, not even to say that they are aware of the issue or anything, shocking.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 68 of 139 (286 Views)

If its going to be another month then I'm dropping VM and I suggest that this threads "Ayrshire Massive" follow suit.  Lets send a clear message to VM that allowing these issues to drag on for months is not tolerable.

So course of action.

1. Raise a fault with VM

2. Obtain F number.

3. Hasten VM for action.

4. Issue cancellation when fault still exists after a week citing the information contained within this thread.

I've been looking for an excuse to drop their TV package and this may very well be the catalyst to allow me to get out of the remaining contract FoC.

Tuning in
Message 69 of 139 (271 Views)

Personally giving them till monday then canceling VM and going over to BT since i live near exchange and the new fibre box is 100 yards from my house, also can't be any worse than what I've got right now.

my router 13th marchmy router 13th march

SH2 last 24hrsSH2 last 24hrs

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 70 of 139 (267 Views)

[ Edited ]

On the phone again to VM just now eventually got through to someone who isn't a complete idiot.. This person actually seemed to know what they are talking about.... 

Now she says VM are aware of recent packet loss issues and a fix is due at around 11:50am tomorrow, but this is also an estimate.

If you guys want to speak to someone from the UK, The Swansea tech teams number is ************, Although I've not called this number i got transferred. 

I also ask the person to try and get someone to reply here and they said they would raise it with someone so here's hoping that happens. 

[MOD EDIT: Unofficial support number removed.