Menu
Joining in
Message 51 of 138 (392 Views)

Re: Dreadful Packet Loss - Ongoing issue that is not going to go away VM!

[ Edited ]

I've had the exact same problem for about a week as well, live in North Ayrshire! I've got an engineer coming out to inspect my side of things but something is definitely amiss with Virgin's infrastructure somewhere. These are my Broadband Quality Monitoring results and as you can see - not too pretty, doing anything (especially gaming) is impossible right now with this connection.

ad4d93b78afbccdd43c2e47fbc9b6fcf-14-03-2017

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 52 of 138 (422 Views)

mbozaritchie wrote:

Just looking at the 4 most recently posted BQM graphs shows something that isnt difficult to spot.  Within a very short window, all 4 connections suffered 100% loss.  This could be indicative of VM taking a look at the issue or, and I pray this isnt the case....the issue becoming steadily worse.

Apparently the SH2 is a temp fix, do you think if I phone them they can send me a temp SH2 monitor until the issues is resolved 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 53 of 138 (374 Views)

This is what I'm wondering, if the SH3 is the problem then I'd be more than happy with a downgrade until the firmware patch is available. 

I've been with virgin just under one month and the first bill is due off tomorrow, Kilmarnock already had 1 1/2 days of downtime two weeks ago and now I'm getting this. 

It's a real shame because the only alternatives are speeds around 2MB but I'd actually rather a stable crappy connection than an unstable... 'good' connection. 

I also seen this test elsewhere on the forum for the puma 6 firmware found here: http://www.dslreports.com/tools/puma6

I pray it is a problem with the line somewhere local and not that the SH3 and puma chipset problem is this bad.

puma6.png

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 54 of 138 (366 Views)

I've been using a super hub 1 for years, no issues whatsoever untill 10 days ago so i doubt downgrading will help. I understand there will be a good few frustrated VM employees going through the motions with half of Ayrshire on the phone but they really need to get their act together and release some statements etc. I've tweeted, phoned and posted here with differing results every time. Half of the people answering the phone don't know their arse from their elbow & don't get me started on their social media team.
The only real answers I've had is from other users in this thread 2 weeks later.
Joining in
Message 55 of 138 (343 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same issue here, Ayrshire area and got the same drop at 6pm and steady packet loss throughout the day.

BQM2.png

A member of Virgin Support staff also told me they are aware of the issues in our area and a repair is scheduled for this coming Monday.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 56 of 138 (339 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same Packet loss spike at around 6pm this evening for me in irvine area.

dbeb817deac7b87ba91ccc524c549746-14-03-2017.png 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 57 of 138 (272 Views)

Same problem here also! east ayrshire/kilmarnock area.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 58 of 138 (271 Views)

Also experiencing packet loss in North Ayrshire. Most online games are currently unplayable. Will post an overnight result tomorrow 

Joining in
Message 59 of 138 (258 Views)

I'm experiencing the same horrible packet loss in Irvine - North Ayrshire. All games that require a back and forward from the client are unplayable, the competitive aspect of them have been completely ruined and defeats the purpose of having the service. Will post BQM tomorrow.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 60 of 138 (251 Views)

Getting the exact same thing here in Dreghorn for nearly 2 weeks

0 Kudos