Menu
mbozaritchie
On our wavelength
Message 131 of 139
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dreadful Packet Loss - Ongoing issue that is not going to go away VM!

ScottishChamp wrote:
Yes I have SH3 but never had any issues in game until the last cpl of weeks. 😩

Yeah.  Your issue would have been the same as we faced with packet loss causing rubberbanding and general latency issues which should now be resolved.

What your spiky latency is showing may be indicative of the issues with the Puma6 chipset in the SH3 which is a known issue that VM are working with Intel on.  This issue is caused by the traffic being interrupted by a higher priority task on the CPU, delaying the packets of information, causing increased latency.

I'd raise this with VM as a separate issue and maybe even push to get a "downgrade" to a SuperHub 2ac which does not suffer from or demonstrate any similar fault.

RossC123
Joining in
Message 132 of 139
Flag for a moderator

Issue seems fixed as of 2am this morning:

BQ4.png

Irvine, Ayrshire

0 Kudos
adamneaves
Tuning in
Message 133 of 139
Flag for a moderator

I'll be extremely interested to see if this fix spreads to other areas. I'll be trying mine later and I'm in Birmingham.
0 Kudos
Callywallyalvin
Tuning in
Message 134 of 139
Flag for a moderator

Just completed a whole match online for the first time in 14 days I could cry,
So now who do we speek to about claiming back last months services? Do we even have a claim?
And also my ping is still 160 which Is a good 12 higher than it always was, should I be worried? I can't add certain port forwarding addresses on this new SH3 I have this week which may be the issue although I never even used port forwarding on the old one before these issues?
Answers on a postcard.
0 Kudos
ncguk
On our wavelength
Message 135 of 139
Flag for a moderator

It was all going so well and then... bugger.

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 13.06.24.png

0 Kudos
RossC123
Joining in
Message 136 of 139
Flag for a moderator

You can attempt to claim reimbursement from the date that you first contacted virgin about the issue.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 137 of 139
Flag for a moderator

So taking ngcuk (sorry guy, it seems area based) out of it is it resolved?

Seems so, but if not Ill escalate it again..

0 Kudos
Message 138 of 139
Flag for a moderator

Hi all 

Just to update you that the latency issues in the Irvine area appearing on BQM graphs are now showing as resolved. If you are still experiencing any problems please post in your own thread so we can help everyone on an individual basis. 

Kind regards,

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
vmhell
Tuning in
Message 139 of 139
Flag for a moderator

think12aug.JPG

virgin12aug.jpg

We've had constant problems with Virgin since being with them (about 3 years I think). Unfortunately, they're the only fibre supplier in the area. For the last 6 months we were on a reduced rate, and kept out of contract, because our connection had been so unstable. That 6 month period came to an end and Virgin whacked our rate up by £10, so I had to negotiate a new contract. Our old speed of 70mbps was apparently outdated so they boosted us up to 100mbps, and applied a loyalty discount for the next 18 months. It's safe to say that the discount isn't enough.

Since they increased our speed to 100mbps, we've been experiencing severe latency spikes, as well as packet loss. Gaming is impossible at times, and streaming video is often a nightmare. If I go back through our Think Broadband quality monitor you can see the latency spikes straight away, every day. It's simply not good enough. As Virgin are the only fibre service in the area it's safe to say that they're probably over subscribed. Why increase people's speeds if the infrastructure isn't there to support it? I'd much rather a lower speed and stable connection, than this current mess!