Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 138 (1,005 Views)

Dreadful Packet Loss - Ongoing issue that is not going to go away VM!

Dear Virgin Media Tech Support

Have a look at the below graph and more specifically the atrocious levels of packet loss on my connection.  I'm presently at work, the connection is not being used, other than the CQM yet the latency is dreadful and packet loss is way beyond acceptable levels.

So.... now I want you to attempt to blame Blizzard, Xbox Live, PS Network and every other gaming network you've tried to foist this issue on over the last 2 weeks.  Go ahead... I dare you!

My Broadband Ping - Packet Loss Extravaganza

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 138 (987 Views)

Re: Dreadful Packet Loss - Ongoing issue that is not going to go away VM!

So we can help us to help you, can you

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

0 Kudos
Hero
Message 3 of 138 (986 Views)

Looks like a fault with your line maybe a bad cable or amp

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 138 (977 Views)

I am getting the same issues its rather annoying I hope theres a way to solve it soon.

My Broadband Ping - David McClung

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 138 (970 Views)

Capture2.PNGCapture1.PNG

Enjoy the boring reading.  Both downstream and upstream are fine.  Except when the massive packet loss occurs.  Just like the metric ton of other users who are reporting exactly the same issue on these very forums.  Its not a local issue.  Its something far more wide ranging.  I'm dropping VM like a brick of this isn't resolved sharpish!

On our wavelength
Message 6 of 138 (957 Views)

And wow.... dropping an image because an IP address appears on the image.....? a public dynamically assigned IP address within the range that Virgin controls, a range that is very easy for a determined individual to find out what scope virgin dish out...... If VM were so concerned with security of devices, perhaps they would ship routers without UPnP enabled on them........
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 7 of 138 (956 Views)

mbozaritchie wrote:

Enjoy the boring reading.  Both downstream and upstream are fine.  Except when the massive packet loss occurs.  Just like the metric ton of other users who are reporting exactly the same issue on these very forums.  Its not a local issue.  Its something far more wide ranging.  I'm dropping VM like a brick of this isn't resolved sharpish!

What are you talking about? You've clearly got packet loss 24/7 according to your BQM, upstream is struggling (fallen back to 16QAM and power levels at 50- within spec but we would need to see what happens with it over time) and your SNR is questionable. But hey, if your happy with that.

Its a national issue that just affects you...is that better?

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 138 (930 Views)

It IS a national issue that IS affecting me, so take that snippy attitude and cram it.

The packet loss has only started occurring in the last 10 days or so.  Much like the rest of the users complaining about the exact same issue.  Kindly remove the blinkers and look around.

The performance of the service is just fine and dandy.  Regular speed tests have been returning expected results of 200+ d/s and 12+ u/s so yes, I'm quite happy with that thanks.  What's NOT acceptable is the packet loss which, until the last 10 days, was nowhere near current levels.

This is compounded by the insistence of VM support that the gaming performance issues can be laid squarely at the door of the gaming companies platforms.

Tuning in
Message 9 of 138 (924 Views)

[ Edited ]

@kippies

Sorry mate he has a point and its not just a local thing its wide ranging through the entire network. i had Line 2 in swansea go through everything power levels to tracert(remote access) to all the games that i play league, wow, FF14, the list goes on

Even he doesnt know whats going on but after reading these forums, Blizz forums, League going through multiple posts Bqms, tracers, Win files even he admitted its a national problem and was dealing with it today to get is escalated this has been going on for since the 3rd of march.

Blizzard and riot have already tested there end and there is no issues at there end.

The only 2 explanations that he could up with is that there is a fault or we are deliberately being throttled. and stated that option 1 is the only option.

In this case you really need to go read all these posts and check it for yourself on Wow on league and tbh if you cant see the issue after that you need to go to specsavers.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 10 of 138 (909 Views)

Either

Theres an area/national  issue with packet loss

OR

OP has a specific impairment to his/her connection.

BQM is showing significant packet loss, heres my SH2AC ATM

current.png

SO its not a national issue.

That leaves an area issue/OP has line impairment

The gaming/connecting to blizzard/VM blaming game companies is a red herring. OP's connection/area has an issue.

0 Kudos