Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (127 Views)

Download speed (12.63Mbps) on 150Mb, Xbox One, Latency issues

[ Edited ]

Hey just joined the forum for some help, let me say that this occurred a while ago and seemed to fix itself over time.

Heres my problem. Fifa 17 Xbox one (like nearly all the people here are having) Slow gameplay, Lagging and stuttering after a few minutes in game, Button delay and overall sluggish play. At a complete disadvantage when it comes to it.

On a wired connection, the normal speed I was getting is 164Mbps, every time, my Latency magically rose to 173ms over the last few weeks, going up from 43ms. I let it go and decided not to play Fifa in hopes it would return to normal. It did not and Ive gotten so p!ssed off thats why I am here today.

Things ive done,no hope

No one uses the internet much apart from the odd bit of browsing, Its mainly for gamings and streaming netflix (this happens on xbox when not playing games)

I've spoken to xbox support they ran me through some options, nothing fixed my problem. I ended up formatting my console and from there the latency dropped to the original fixed area of 43ms. Speed doesnt rise about 12 and upload is 10.

This is a real pain for me because I know its not the internet speed itself as ive tested many different devices and full speed is gained with those. All wired connections. PC, Laptop and Android box, gain full 164mb. Xbox support assured me its an ISP problem. Ive tried all the steps to get back to when it was great to play Fifa 17 but I have gotten no were.

Full speed i gained when downloading games for some strange reason.

I need some help please. Id appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 3 (101 Views)

Re: Download speed (12.63Mbps) on 150Mb, Xbox One, Latency issues

No one here to help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3 (66 Views)

Re: Download speed (12.63Mbps) on 150Mb, Xbox One, Latency issues

Hey cmac86,

Thanks for joining us on the forum Smiley Happy

Apologies for the problems you're having with Fifa, I appreciate this is frustrating. As you've confirmed the speed that's reaching your property is good I think we need to look into the console connection on it's own. Firstly, what NAT type are you getting? Have you tried Port Forwarding at all yet? Also for testing purposes, it's worth trying to connect with your Hub in Modem Mode just so we can be positive that there's no other devices on the network that are causing a conflict.

Hope to hear back from you so we can continue to investigate.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos