Menu
LiegeLelouch
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dota 2 lag spikes.

I'm playing on EUW and getting AT LEAST 90-100 ping every day, That isn't the problem however.

I'm getting mini lag spikes where my stuff freezes for 2-5 seconds and spiking to 120-150 and then shoots down to about 80-90ish, I've reset the router tried everything in my settings and this is still happening.

It only seems to happen with this game, Any others I'm fine so I don't know if its your guys fault or Dota 2's fault.

0 Kudos
quoksin86
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dota 2 lag spikes.

I have been having the same problems also! It was fine before but has been spiking over the last week. Broadband connections have been a bit flakey recently though with random disconnects.
0 Kudos
LiegeLelouch
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

don't think this is normal lads tbh. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi LiegeLelouch,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing lag spikes with Dota 2.  I've checked the connection for you, your hub stats look great, I can see the network segment is healthy as well, so nothing jumps out as to what could be causing this.

Are you able to test using a wired connection, to see if the spikes still happen?  It might also be worth running a few checks with the hub in modem mode.  If things are still the same, could you post some ping & traceroute results to the servers you're using please?  This will allow us to do some more in-depth tests to see where the problem lies.

I hope that helps, look forward to hearing back from you!

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos