Menu
schnuggalugg
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Disconnections on wow & slow internet all day not just at peak

I have been getting constant disconnects from Wow for the past 2 weeks every hour. I have today put my superhub in modem only mode and then connected a wireless router to it, so i can use it for wireless and wired devices. 

I know that it is only VM because I have taken my Laptop to a household with Sky internet and had no such issues. Whether i use wired or wireless i still get the issue. I also see that alot of people have had the same problems. Good it isnt just me.

I also get extremely slow internet throughout the day not just at peak times usually struggling to go over 3-6mb/s download. During peak times however it plummets down to under 1mb/s download. It is clearly un-usable even for 1 pc let alone 3 that we have in our house. 

I would like to know what you will do about it as half the time it has been like this.

0 Kudos
CSMacDonald
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnections on wow & slow internet all day not just at peak

It took us weeks of complaining for them to even admit there was a problem. Don't hold your breath that they are going to fix this any time soon.

0 Kudos
schnuggalugg
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sadly I know this all to well, I have been having problems for nearly a month now. We had an engineer come out to look at our router because of high downstream (or something) which he fixed (apparently) and still its as bad as it ever was. From what I have heard my area is due a look sometime in october, which is great for the next 2-3 months. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi schnuggalugg

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you have been experiencing lately with disconnections and slow speeds. 

I've tried to run some checks on your modem but we currnetly have an SNR fault linked to your account under F003811303. The estimated fix time is for 19:00 this evening.  I will keep an eye on this and have a look into it once the fault ticket has been closed. 

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Schnuggalugg,

I've just rechecked on the SNR fault F003811303 and I'm afraid this has been delayed until midday today. I'll check again on this after the estimated fix time and provide another update for you. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Schnuggalugg,

Looking at the progress of fault F003811303 it appears to be more complex than originally thought. The new review date is today at midday so I'm going to keep an eye on this for you and keep updating this thread. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Schnuggalugg,

I've checked again on fault F003811303 and it looks like everything is fixed now. The ticket is still open for now while we monitor but hopefully all will be well from now on. 

0 Kudos