Menu
Dexxadude
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Disconnection, Drops & Lag.

Hello.

I often like to play games on the PC such as World of Warcraft but as it stands at the moment im getting disconnected every couple of minutes, I phoned the contact centre and was told its a problem with the Superhub V2 firmware and that I must post my problems on the forum. I'm not joking when I say couple of minutes, I can get disconnected type my email and password in it says "Connecting" then before I even get in it gets disconnected. I passed authentication which means it was still connected at some point. Its been on going for months just short of a year contacting the centre time and time again being fed a load of crap. Its great having 152mb not so great when i cant even stream a damn video on netflix without buffering every few seconds/minutes ....
Advice Please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Dexxadude
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnection, Drops & Lag.

Bump.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dexxadude

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble whilst playing online and streaming. Problems linked with gaming issues from a firmware update to the SH2 we're resolved a while back with a rollback of the firmware. Everything looks ok when running a few checks on your connection.

Are you connected wired or wireless?

Are there any changes to the hub lights when the connection drops? 

What speed test results are you getting?

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Dexxadude
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ty_S

Sorry its been a while I never had any notifications of your message & it fell down in the forum.

I am wired but occurs on both wired and wireless.

The hubs lights remain the same but I am repeatedly getting disconnected, 

Speed test is phenomenal 160mb with a 150mb connection, remaining connected is the issue not the speed.

I recorded my game from log in to d/c

1st Video was 2mins before i was disconnected

2nd Video was 1minute before i was disconnected

3rd Video was disconnected within 40 seconds.

Disconnected from my game 3 times in less than 5 minutes making it not remotely playable and the internet unusable.

When I am disconnected streaming stops & webpages stop loading, The box does not show disconnected and the lights don't change, everything disconnects stops streaming and playing but returns within seconds just enough for everything to stop working but not show a problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dexxadude

That's no problem, thanks for getting back to me and confirming those details. That's a bit of a strange one. I'm unable to locate your details to run another check on your hub so I'm going to send you a PM for some additional information and get this looked into.

Can you also post the hub's network log for us to have a look at? (go to 192.168.0.1, don't log in, router status in top right corner).

Thanks 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos