Menu
Connorwoods97
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Disconnecting from SuperHub every 60 minutes.

Hey, so I started using the SuperHub2 on the 2nd June 2016 and since then I have been experiencing disconnects when gaming online on my PC, more specifically The Elder Scrolls Online. My connection to my hub is solid at 120 mb/s and passes every diagnostic tool with flying colours, however every 60 minutes or so I am disconnected with no reason why. 

I have previously contacted both support from the game developers and Virgin Media and they both tell me it's a problem with the firmware on the new SuperHub. I turn to the forums after I was rudely disconnected by the last Virgin Media support technician after repeatedly telling him it was the Hubs fault. 

There has to be a way around this as it is a bit silly being disconnected every hour, it's impractical and is not what should be happening when you're paying £37 a month for internet alone. 

If it helps I am using Ethernet so changing frequency on the hub didn't help, I have tried Modem Mode, it didn't work, I have opened port forwarding and triggering for all ports of the game, didn't work. I have also disabled all firewalls and virus protection software and it didn't work. 

If it is not possible to fix the problem with the Hub then I am indirectly forced to change suppliers.

Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnecting from SuperHub every 60 minutes.

Hi Connorwoods97, 

Thank you for posting! I am sorry to hear that you're disconnection from your Hub every 60 minutes, this must be annoying so apologies for any frustration caused.

I have run some diagnostics on your connection and I noticed that both of your upstream power levels are too low and all of your downstream power levels are too high, an engineer will be required to attend and investigate this further for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Connorwoods97
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came Friday 28th October, told me once again that everything was fine and even inferred the disconnects were not happening which was quite rude, the upstream power levels have been altered with no success and I was told the downstream levels were an areawide issue scheduled to be fixed 14th December, which even if this was the source of the crashing is an unacceptable time frame to wait considering this has been happening since 1st July when I moved in.

I have now checked the router log and the games crash consultancy file after each crash and both say the connection is dropping directly at the hub itself so I am getting a bit angry as to why all the technicians seem to think it is ok when it isn't. I'm also getting ignored when I ask for a replacement hub as I am pretty sure the one I have is faulty, not just in the disconnects but also in the general speed as when it hits 8pm+ I am slowed down to the point where I can barely open a web page not to mention the extremely poor connection via wifi, it is actually laughable for £37 a month price tag.

I ask again that help is given to find a solution to this problem or I will be indirectly forced to change suppliers.

Thanks, Connor.

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Please post your US and DS power levels and we can comment.

Also think about setting up a TBB Monitor, www.thinkbroadband.com/ping  This will give you a visible graph of performance and evidence of any performance issues.

Good Luck !

0 Kudos