Menu
AidanPerkins
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Disconnecting from EA servers while playing FIFA 15 online matches [with a wired connection].

I believe that it's since installing the Superhub 2 that I've continuously had problems playing FIFA 15 online and a few other online games such as GTA 5. I'll play a match and almost certainly get kicked from the server at some point. This is for Xbox One. The unusual thing is that I'm connected up with an Ethernet cable, as opposed to wireless.

This has been on-going for a long time now and I've seen similar problems posted many times in these forums, never to be sufficiently answered. I've paid good money for this broadband service. Please Virgin, or anybody else, offer me a solution that isn't restart your router.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnecting from EA servers while playing FIFA 15 online matches [with a wired connection].

Hi AidanPerkins,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting kicked from FIFA games. Thank you for using ethernet when gaming, the vast majority of issues with online gaming stem from wireless interference so we can immediately put that one to rest. 

I've checked your connection and everything looks perfectly fine from here. Your power levels, SNR and contention are all healthy. Could you try the hub in modem mode with the Xbone connected directly to it? This will eliminate the hubs router functions as well as any other devices on the network that might be taking up bandwidth. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
AidanPerkins
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnecting from EA servers while playing FIFA 15 online matches [with a wired connection].

I will try putting my Superhub into modem mode and let you know how that goes. It's just strange because the Internet on my computer is generally very good, which is also wired, whereas Xbox Live is literally the worst I've ever experienced. It's unplayable. Yet, this package I have with Virgin Media is the fastest (and most expensive) I've used. Thanks for the reply.
0 Kudos