Menu
Raulignat
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Disconnect in games / pages not loading

Hello guys,

Ive been having issues with my connection for 3 or 4 months now, without any permanent solutions to it.

In games, i keep getting disconnects after random periods of time, sometimes seconds after i log in or rare, magical moments when i get multiple hours of undisturbed game time. And they only seem to be getting worse and worse. While browsing the internet, pages just wont load, and i have to click the link or reload multiple times before it starts loading. Or i get session time out error.

Every time i call VM support, the connection works better for 1-2 days and after it deteriorates untill i get frustrated enough to call again.

While the connection is not slow, it does fluctuate a lot (from 6 speed tests) Ping 14-84, Download 25Mbps - 82Mbps, Upload 2.2Mbps - 3.8Mbps, on a 200mb package

I had this problem on my laptop (wireless) and got a desktop, wired and it did not make a difference.

Screenshots from router logs http://s18.postimg.org/5nayon155/Screenshot_2016_10_28_00_11_10.png

http://s18.postimg.org/otsr5k70p/Screenshot_2016_10_28_00_11_17.png

http://s18.postimg.org/7ujsqavt5/Screenshot_2016_10_28_00_11_38.png

Im hoping you guys have a solution.

Thanks

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnect in games / pages not loading

what version hub do you have and do you ever reboot it. the 1st gen HUB 1 needs regular reboots to keep it sparkly

0 Kudos
Raulignat
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

Tried this and had no issues for 3ish days. The d/c started again yesterday and after multiple restarts, they didnt stop.
0 Kudos
Raulignat
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub version is Super Hub 2ac. A reboot does not seem to improve my connection at all.

After a chat with support yesterday, ive been told that they are doing works in my area, to be completed sometime in December, and that they cannot do anything to fix this.
For 6+ weeks ive been calling weekly just to get replies like "changed x on our end, this will fix it" or to book an engineer that only disconnects all cables, checks sockets and plugs everything back it.
Now i have to bear this for at least 2 more months ? It must be a joke.

Ill sit on this for a short while, see if anything improves or if you guys have any answers, but at this point the only option seems to be a change in suppliers . . .
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Raulignat, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that you're having issues with your disconnections whilst playing games, I apologise for any troubles.

I have run some checks on your connection from here and I can see that there's a few time outs inside the Hubs logs, this will explain some disconnections you've been experiencing.

I will need to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate this further, I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking.

Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care,

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos