Menu
appleUK
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

- Disclose proper timescale on Xbox fix-

Please can someone from virgin media actually be of some sort of help this has been going on for me and others for a week and a half, still no proper updates, your call centre is useless I just am gob smacked with the way you have been treating this incident.

The 2g is frankly awful online, lag and can't connect to party chats just want the 5g option that we pay for.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: - Disclose proper timescale on Xbox fix-

If its a firmware issue, likely you'll be in for more than a week and half of waiting.

0 Kudos
appleUK
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well that just isn't acceptable in this day any age when the main reason we pay for high speed internet is too game
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kippies wrote:

If its a firmware issue, likely you'll be in for more than a week and half of waiting.

If it's fixed in a week and a half I'll eat my hat !  Smiley Wink

It would be quicker to regress back to an older firmware while this is being investigated ?

0 Kudos
djwilliams100
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Real gamers use an ethernet cable and not wifi!

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi their appleUK, I am an avid gamer much like yourself, now I know the frustrations your experiencing but my advice is not to wait on virgin media to fix the Hub, but to suggest to you that you buy your own router, now I know this is an expense some feel they shouldn't have to endure, however if you buy yourself a decent router you will have a much better experience gaming in every possible way, I couldn't possibly give you any better advice!

David
0 Kudos
appleUK
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks David I do appreciate the reply, also too the other fella in our house hold there is 2 Xbox's we aren't running wires through all the rooms just for better connection, we have been running virgin media via wireless for years with no issue at all.

There customer service is appalling, we just rang for the 5th time only for them to now say they wouldn't sent out a super hub 3 when they said they would if the new 2ac didn't which of course like I told them over the phone it wouldn't work.
0 Kudos