Menu
Inchy
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Diablo 3 Disconnects, Poor Network Pathing

Hi,

Not really had any issues with my internet for over a year or so, but in the past 2 weeks, Diablo 3 and Wow have become pretty much unplayable due to disconnects. Here is some information for you, to see if here is anything wrong.

As you can see the pathping terminates directly after the router login, i have tried this on multiple computers/devices with the same result

Again hop two returning no information, and 5/6 

Router stats 

My latency on a whole seems fine,fine being i have not noticed any erratic spikes. Browsing at times can seem sluggish, but i put this more to site load and times of day.

I have tried all the normal protocols when there is an issue, unplugging the router and powering down for upto 15mins, and retrying, all computers are hardwired to the hub, i have done these test on all them, with the same results on all, i did try a different cat cable just in case, but same result.

Fingers crossed someone can help.

0 Kudos
Inchy
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Diablo 3 Disconnects, Poor Network Pathing

Well its still happening.....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Inchy

Welcome to the forum, sorry about the problems to Diablo 3 and Wow, most frustrating, we will take a look.

The pathping you supplied may not be working as the traceroute seems to get further. It doesn't indicate a problem by the way as it is normal for some router hops not to respond. It reaches the destination hop 13 in good time which indicates that the previous routers are doing a good job passing on live traffic.

Your line and hub stats all look good and are supported by my tests I have just carried out now.

Possibly your problem may be down to peak time traffic in the area sorry. We are planning to undertake some broadband upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow speeds or lag you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times such as evenings and weekends) will be resolved.

The upgrade work reference is F003799356. I will pass this thread on to my colleagues who will organise a loss of service credit until the work is completed, please allow a few days.

Thank you for your patience while we get this fixed.
Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Inchy
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Thank you for the reply.

While i understand what you have said, this does not correspond with getting constant disconnects at 4am as this is no where near peak time usage, and this has now been going on for nearly 2 weeks solid. Before this i can not remember the last time i was actually disconnected from a blizzard game that was not my fault. During peak times i disconnect roughly the same amount of times as i do in the very early hours. This can range from once every 10 minutes for over 2-3 hours to not seeing a disconnect for over 2 hours, then it starts all over again. Take last night i did not get one disconnect between 9pm and 1am, then i had about 5 or in the space of one hour, a friend of mine i was playing Diablo 3 with, on Virgin also but in a different county suffered the same issues.

I am reading in this forum as well as Blizzards own forums, that this is a problem between Virgin and Blizzard. As i stated my net other this is fine, i have great speeds and net service on a whole is excellent for well over a year now. 

0 Kudos
Inchy
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well another 8 days have passed, and it is still just as bad as ever..

Reformatted, reinstalled, and even updated to Win10. Still the same issue with any Blizzard game, i get micro DC'd.

None of my other playing./viewing/surfing habits are broken, net speed is fine, pings in games are fine. Steam stays connected, and that service will hiccup its connect even if you breath on it wrong. But no its ONLY Blizzard games.

But common now 3 weeks of disconnects in Diablo 3 is now pushing me to look at another service, as i have friends with the same issues, and they are all on Virgin.

Please fix this.

0 Kudos
schnuggalugg
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sadly this is a common occurrence with VM atm. Though i get bad internet all day not just disconnects. Running below 1-2mb most of the time with horrifying ping to match. 

0 Kudos