Menu
rockwell21
Tuning in
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Destiny PS4 issues

Hi guys,

my ps4 is wired to my superhub 2. For the past couple of weeks iv been getting terrible lag when playing destiny. I rang customer services yesterday and they checked everything out and said my connection was fine but I'm not so sure that's the case.

I'm pretty sure it started when the firmware upgraded (the hub home page only started to ask for the two log in passwords a couple of weeks ago).

I'm tempted to put it in modem mode and go and buy a router, do you think this might help? I know in theory nothing should beat a wired connection but I'm running out of ideas. iv got it in dmz, tried turning the firewall options etc.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Destiny PS4 issues

Hi Rockwell21,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're having lag in Destiny. I've checked your connection and can see that the local node need some upgrade work which has been raised under F003561435 which is due for review 09/09/15.

This will cause slow speeds and latency in the evenings. Everything else on your connection looks perfectly fine from here. Do you notice these same issues at off peak times? 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
rockwell21
Tuning in
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

When you say due for review does that mean the node might not actually be upgraded by that date? I don't play during the day so I'm not sure but it's bad at night. I'm paying for 100mb but we're getting 30-35mb not matter what time of the day. Does the 50mb line use the same server?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi rockwell21,

Thanks for the query ,the September date is an estimate from networks as to when works might be completed, though at this stage it's very much an estimate sorry.

A 50 Mb would use the same cable, so any peak time problems now would also be evident on the lower tier of service. Strange though that you only get 35Mb at all times of day as speeds should pick up off peak, is this with a wired connection?

Any chance you could also post us the operational configs from the Superhub, just browse to 192.168.0.1, don't sign in just click router status towards the upper right, so we can check the details.

Many Thanks

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Wonlee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I play Elder Scrolls on-line on a PS4 and I too have had really bad connection problems over the last two weeks, the game was running OK then one Thursday night two and bit weeks ago I started getting disconnected for no reason.

Can anyone advise me of what is going on I am reading from these forums that an update was done to the HUBS and its this which is coursing the problems....is this true?

I believe I have a superhud the first version.

0 Kudos
rockwell21
Tuning in
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I'm working away at the minute but will do when I get back. Wonlee, there's a few threads about the elder scrolls disconnects on here, I think the latest firmware update for the superhub 2 has caused a problem. A way around it is to use modem mode or ring them up and ask for a superhub 2ac (the newest version).
0 Kudos
Wonlee
Tuning in
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

OK thanks for update rockwell21

0 Kudos
rockwell21
Tuning in
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

as requested:

General Configuration
Network Access Allowed
Maximum Number of CPEs 1
Baseline Privacy Enabled
DOCSIS Mode EuroDOCSIS 3.0
Config File
Primary Downstream Service Flow
SFID 5838
Max Traffic Rate 112640000 bps
Max Traffic Burst 10000 bytes
Min Traffic Rate 0 bps
Primary Upstream Service Flow
SFID 5837
Max Traffic Rate 6320000 bps
Max Traffic Burst 16320 bytes
Min Traffic Rate 0 bps
Max Concatenated Burst 16320 bytes
Scheduling Type Best Effort

0 Kudos
rockwell21
Tuning in
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

can anyone recommend me a 3rd party router? im going to nip to scan and buy one today. The ps4 nearly went out the window last night with the lag again.
0 Kudos
rockwell21
Tuning in
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Can a mod confirm the review date for F003561435 is still the 9th please?
0 Kudos